Chris Donald and Chris Walker moving to end

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I hadn't seen any discussion on this today. Thoughts?

I heard it mentioned briefly on sportstalk today.

now that Ben Martin is fine, I would think Donald could be moved back to LB, his natural spot. I think Walker could end up being a very good DE, he has the frame for it while Donald seems to have the LB mold.

I think that is for nothing other than FLA, we think we'll be chasing Tebow and we want some smaller, athletic guys to get reps there so we arent tired at all. IMO, these two wont see any PT at a true DE position other than in that game in "spy" situations.

That was my next thought, with the news that Martin is not out for the year, does that affect this decision?

now that Ben Martin is fine, I would think Donald could be moved back to LB, his natural spot. I think Walker could end up being a very good DE, he has the frame for it while Donald seems to have the LB mold.
Thats what I was thinking too. I think Walker has a frame to succeed at DE or LB though.

Donald was the #1 ILB recruit in the country, I think we need to leave him there. We had talked to Walker before he signed about moving to DE and he was fine with it so, that situation has been discussed.

Others have mentioned it, but wasn't DE likely to be where Walker ended up anyway?

Donald to DE surprised me with how highly he was touted as a LB out of high school.

It may depend on how Martin recovers as to whether or not Walker and Donald remain at DE or how much action they see at that position.

I would go with the special spy situation and the like unless injuries occur to LBs it is a good way to get Donald in some plays get him some exp. as a fresh. And it seems to work for FLA.

VN Store

Back