Chris Burke - Unbiased

AthensVol2007

Yesterday while waiting for the band to come perform the Salute to the Hill, I saw Chris Burke and hollered at him. He came over and talked to my dad, brother and I (think he was a little shocked people actually recognized him) about the season and calling games. My brother asked him how hard it is to remain neutral and contain your fandom and he said not as hard as one would think. He said calling the games from home this year made it easier because you’re not in the atmosphere, in the moment. I chided him and said Evan Russell bomb number 3 was not neutral and unbiased; he laughed and said you’re correct Evan Russell bomb number 3 I was no longer neutral. Overall awesome guy and fun opportunity to relive a season for the ages.

Indeed it was a season for the ages.

It’s going to be difficult to duplicate the joy this season brought. Even a CWS championship might not top the moments 2021 provided.
Agreed. Those guys gave us something to cheer for and be excited about during a stressful time in our country and communities. Will never forget that season. Love all the guys that were a part of that squad. Special kids.

Indeed it was a season for the ages.

It’s going to be difficult to duplicate the joy this season brought. Even a CWS championship might not top the moments 2021 provided.

It was magical, but I hope we get to test your theory.

As I've said before, reminded me of the '85 Sugar Vols, just special. Will probably always be my favorite team.

As I've said before, reminded me of the '85 Sugar Vols, just special. Will probably always be my favorite team.

It was our first trip back to Omaha and it was the first for every player and CTV as a head Coach. It was a first date, you always remember it good or bad, because it’s a relatively new experience…but ya probably flirted a little to make it happen.

Now you know, one way or the other, whether yer gonna do the work, find the chemistry to make it happen. This, in some ways, is a brand new team but they are a step closer to sealing the deal.

GBO!!!

Reactions: StarRaider and txbo

As my Cajun brothers would say, "Laissez les bons temps rouler"!

I'm looking forward to many, many good times to come.

There is an element to the 2021 season that I hope will never be duplicated. The 2020 season had such promise and was suddenly taken from us. That made the fact that we were even watching Vol baseball in 2021 special. When I sat down to watch the first game, I felt so blessed. It gave me hope. And it kept getting better as the season progressed. We went from basically empty stadiums to half capacity, to full capacity, to mayheim! Seeing the crowds at LNS at the end of the year gave me goosebumps.

....And then there were the dingers.

Last edited:
It was our first trip back to Omaha and it was the first for every player and CTV as a head Coach. It was a first date, you always remember it good or bad, because it’s a relatively new experience…but ya probably flirted a little to make it happen.

Now you know, one way or the other, whether yer gonna do the work, find the chemistry to make it happen. This, in some ways, is a brand new team but they are a step closer to sealing the deal.

GBO!!!

If CTV needs help with chemistry, then I'll be waiting for his call! He's probably got that part figured out, though.

VN Store

Back