Chris Beard to Ole Miss?

Must be nice to have never made a mistake in life and needed a second chance. Can you turn water into wine as well?

That's just nice.... Anywho,of course I have,and anyone out there has. I've made mistakes. I'm also for second chances in life ,and making the best of them. Seen many do so. I've made the best of my opportunities. I'm also of the opinion of consequences for ones actions. Domestic violence is something I just don't stand for. All because a guy is a really good basketball coach (Beard is) , doesn't mean he's better than anyone else out there when it comes to that. He can take some time off to reassess things in his life. I never said he can't have a second chance. I just don't like seeing someone basically rewarded a job,and not taking personal factors into consideration. All I have to say.

Congrats to OM if they get this deal done. Nice seeing a school with some balls to not care about what others think when they know this is the only way they can get a coach of Beard’s caliber.
So hiring/supporting a wife beater is OK as long as the wins follow? I suppose you had no issues with Urban Meyer continuing to hire that POS assistant coach that is of the same ilk as Beard? Or Auburn hiring a chronic cheater like Hugh Freeze. Just win baby! Nothing else matters. If I were an Ole Miss or Auburn alumnus, I’d be embarrassed if my alma mater hired a piece of trash like that. But there are some folks that will stomach anything for the sake of wins. I just happen not to be one of them.

Must be nice to have never made a mistake in life and needed a second chance. Can you turn water into wine as well?
I really doubt it’s the last time that it happens. Chronic abusers rarely change their stripes. Many women don’t press charges because they don’t know how to leave the relationship or can’t afford it. Got zero respect for any moron who will lay his hands on a woman unless she is coming at him with a weapon.

I really doubt it’s the last time that it happens. Chronic abusers rarely change their stripes. Many women don’t press charges because they don’t know how to leave the relationship or can’t afford it. Got zero respect for any moron who will lay his hands on a woman unless she is coming at him with a weapon.

I couldn't agree more. It takes a pretty low person to take his frustrations out physically on a woman. This is also a woman he's going to marry. I've heard too much about situations like this to think a guy can suddenly change his ways cause he's a pretty good basketball coach. Step away from the game. Look yourself in your mirror, and consider what and who's important in life. The longer he's able to coach, the longer he goes without consequences,the more likely it's going to happen again. I'm getting off my soapbox. Going to watch some really good basketball conference tournaments.

Interesting to read these comments. So did Beard get charged and have to go trial for beating his wife?

Wife decided not to take press charges.

However, police reports noted of scrapes and bruises.

This isn’t the first time a woman is being manipulated in a abusive relationship.

Reactions: Pennheel
So hiring/supporting a wife beater is OK as long as the wins follow? I suppose you had no issues with Urban Meyer continuing to hire that POS assistant coach that is of the same ilk as Beard? Or Auburn hiring a chronic cheater like Hugh Freeze. Just win baby! Nothing else matters. If I were an Ole Miss or Auburn alumnus, I’d be embarrassed if my alma mater hired a piece of trash like that. But there are some folks that will stomach anything for the sake of wins. I just happen not to be one of them.

Again I ask, what other way would OM have the opportunity to hire a coach with Beard’s track record? For them this will be a great move regardless what I or others think of Beard as a human being. This isn’t hard.

Bolded part is probably true, but he will absolutely win there. Morality aside he is a very good basketball coach.

Getting players is the challenge there. They ain’t getting anything outta Memphis. Not much else around Oxford.

Most of us have never beat a woman for our own pleasure.

That’s not a mistake. That’s being a punk s$$ b*tch.
Way to make up the first line. I’m not condoning what what he did (or didn’t do, since she’s changed her story) but she was the initial aggressor. Not like the guy just decided to walk in and start swinging for ***** and giggles.

Last edited:
Way to make up the first line. I’m not condoning what what he did (or didn’t do, since she’s changed her story) but she was the initial aggressor. Not like the guy just decided to walk in and start swinging for ***** and giggles.

Maybe the guy should control his emotions better.

Still no excuse

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Women want to be treated equal until it comes to abuse. A man is supposed to take a hit(s) and walk away when one eventually responds suddenly women are the “inferior” sex.
I don’t think that’s the case here. This isn’t a Depp situation.

VN Store

Back