Chick-fil-A Closes

They gotta make more than $100k/year. I would think closer to $200k. Well put it like this, if they are making in the general range of $100k, they are underpaid.
I wasn’t citing $100k as an exact figure, just saying that they are making six figures. I would say most are in the $150k-200k range, with the absolute highest performers closer to $250k.

This isn’t entirely true anymore. They still shy away from letting one person operate more than one location, but they have let it happen some recently. I know a guy here in Lexington who operates two stores. Also know of a guy in the Cincinnati area who operates two and may even get a third.
The one in West Town Mall, the one next to West Town Mall, and the one closest to campus are all operated by the same person. I believe they try to limit the operators to 2 stores, but in some cases they are allowed more.

They’re not, but they’re still making decent money for basically just being a General Manager. Most operators are making more than $100k a year. You’re not getting that kind of salary hardly anywhere for your typical QSR company.

Which is basically their schtick. They are looking for an individual with a certain skill set - hard worker, good at training and following procedures, good ethics, etc.

Someone that has saved up 10 grand, which is insanely less than you need for most, if not all, other franchise opportunities. In return they are going to set you up in a position to make more money than you would have made going down some other avenue that was open to you.

Reactions: 05_never_again
E24m_OgXEAEJbf2.jpg

I don't see why the mall management would GAF what days they were open as long as they were a paying tenant. Plus, didn't the mall know before they allowed CFA to be a tenant that they closed on Sunday?

I doubt that could be the real reason. Has to be something else.

Probably right. But CFA was one of the only 3 restaurants in that mall, and that was the story line.

Has anyone else been to the original Dwarf House in Hapeville, Georgia? It was a pretty special place. It's been renovated since I last ate there.

This isn’t entirely true anymore. They still shy away from letting one person operate more than one location, but they have let it happen some recently. I know a guy here in Lexington who operates two stores. Also know of a guy in the Cincinnati area who operates two and may even get a third.
They also make exceptions for family ties. I've heard that a guy kinned to the Cathys operates multiple CFAs in the Birmingham area.

I don't see why the mall management would GAF what days they were open as long as they were a paying tenant. Plus, didn't the mall know before they allowed CFA to be a tenant that they closed on Sunday?

I doubt that could be the real reason. Has to be something else.
I dont know if that's the reason or not, but on the flip side, I think alot of mall food court leases are set up to escalate if sales hit a certain dollar amount. It could be the case that management thought they were getting close to that point and Sunday sales would have put them over.

My daughter worked 2 years at our CFA during HS. The operator, John Tingle, is a great guy and was always willing to work with the kids' schedules. She learned a lot about customer service and hard work. Besides that, I really liked the salads she brought home after Saturday night shift. They would have just thrown them out.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

VN Store

Back