Chicago, IL

USCGVOL

I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place. I will be on vacation in Chicago, IL this weekend. I was hoping someone knew of a good place to watch UT sports in Chicago so I can watch the UT vs. Memphis game. I know the game will be on at 11am that day so it might be hard to find a sports bar open that early as well as fans out drinking beer screaming at televisions but if you know a good place for a lost UT fan let me know.

Thanks in advance. GO VOLS!

I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place. I will be on vacation in Chicago, IL this weekend. I was hoping someone knew of a good place to watch UT sports in Chicago so I can watch the UT vs. Memphis game. I know the game will be on at 11am that day so it might be hard to find a sports bar open that early as well as fans out drinking beer screaming at televisions but if you know a good place for a lost UT fan let me know.

I don't know what part of Chicago you'll be in, but the game is on ESPN2. My guess is Harry Carey's would definitely have it on one of their bar TVs.

On a national basis, Buffalo Wild Wings, may be your best possible place. ESPN2 is televising the game and this major channel should be offered at any Buffalo Wild Wings places.

On a national basis, Buffalo Wild Wings, may be your best possible place. ESPN2 is televising the game and this major channel should be offered at any Buffalo Wild Wings places.

I was hoping to go to a local spot...

No worries. It used to be at Bad Dog Tavern in Lincoln Square, then they moved it to Riverview Tavern (now called The Reveler) in Roscoe Village. Now it's at Trace in Wrigleyville.
I saw that place but when I called they said they open at 5pm. So obviously it wont work for the 11am game. Do you think that is wrong? Do they open earlier?

No worries. It used to be at Bad Dog Tavern in Lincoln Square, then they moved it to Riverview Tavern (now called The Reveler) in Roscoe Village. Now it's at Trace in Wrigleyville.
So where do you live? I’m in Wheaton. We were in Naperville before.

I saw that place but when I called they said they open at 5pm. So obviously it wont work for the 11am game. Do you think that is wrong? Do they open earlier?
Yes. They open it early for games. I’ll check and make sure for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and suggestions from everyone. Hope y'all are having a Merry Christmas.

Make sure you get some Beggars and/or Nonna's pizza while you're up there.

Reactions: USCGVOL
Make sure you get some Beggars and/or Nonna's pizza while you're up there.
I will check it out. The broad who is taking me has just about everything planned out for me but I know pizza and hot dogs are on the list.

If u have time go to Au Cheval for the double cheeseburger with thick bacon and a fried egg. Its awesome. Just go at an off time or the wait is very long.
3F49062E-B034-4034-A51F-CAB2887C0B9F.jpeg

Reactions: Lurker and USCGVOL
Had a great time in Chicago. Made it out alive. Watched the Vols take down Memphis at Millers Pub downtown. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. I will be watching tonight from home here in Nashville, TN. Go Vols!

Side note: I threw my Penny's in the trash last night. What an idiot.
Jk I don't wear pennys. haha

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back