Chicago Fire, P.D. & Med

CagleMtnVol

All three series in Dick Wolf’s Chicago franchise have been picked up for three more seasons. Flagship Chicago Fire has been renewed through Season 11, Chicago P.D. through Season 10, and Chicago Med through Season 8. The massive pickup is part of a mega new deal Wolf has closed at Chicago studio Universal Television, which also include a three-season renewal for Law & Order: SVU.

Only watch Chicago PD anymore...after I got my wife onto Chicago Fire. Too much preachin on SVU anymore. Medical is prolly good...kinda out on hospital dramas.

I only ever got into Chicago Fire. When the flagship show Chicago Fire clearly painted Voight as a dirty cop and then spun off a series starring him all I could do was shake my head. Stupid.

Reactions: Lurkerin
I only ever got into Chicago Fire. When the flagship show Chicago Fire clearly painted Voight as a dirty cop and then spun off a series starring him all I could do was shake my head. Stupid.
First impression also...but it works imo. When I watched both Fire and PD, there was a story arc where the Station Chief was being framed for a rape. As the corrupt cops tried to sweat him, Voight stepped in and blocked their efforts. Thought it was masterfully done. I think the creators and writers on Fire wove a great story of a hard nosed cop who plays a little loose with the rules going to the ultimate lengths to protect his son and he went beyond shady to coerce Casey to change his witness statement. When they saw the layers of the character they created, they saw a new show and it’s a little far fetched but it’s one of my few Network shows on my DVR.

Last edited:
Big fan of both Fire & PD. I had the same problem with Voight that some of you had especially during the first season or so but now he's one of my favorite characters of the franchise.

I like how the supporting characters can show up on one show to the next and I think both shows are some of the best network TV currently on. The Crossovers are usually the only time I watch Med.

Reactions: Behr and butchna
LOVE PD, haven't watched much of the others......

Love me some

gettyimages-496471128.jpg

MV5BODI2MzM0MTkzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQxMzgwNTM@._V1_.jpg

She will be back wont she ? Loved that last show when she set up the drug boss
It was like a continuation. She helped out on the case on FBI which the suspect had connections to Chicago.

The episode was pretty good and was the first FBI episode I had watched since the Pilot. I get the feeling that some of the FBI characters will eventually show up on P.D.

Reactions: 508mikey
CAST NEWS!

Don’t regularly watch Fire (never miss PD), but I saw where she met with the medical board about continuing her course towards being a doctor. So without her going to Chicago Med, we know the end plot...unless she dies.

Don’t regularly watch Fire (never miss PD), but I saw where she met with the medical board about continuing her course towards being a doctor. So without her going to Chicago Med, we know the end plot...unless she dies.
They'll use her going back to med school as a way to write her out with the option to hopefully bring the character back at some point much the way they did Gabby Dawson going to Africa to work with Doctors without Borders or something like that.

Reactions: butchna
They'll use her going back to med school as a way to write her out with option to hopefully bring her back at some point much the way they did Gabby Dawson going to Africa to work with Doctors without Borders something like that.
My wife (who watches it religiously after I got her started then abandoned it) says that Gabby and Casey was the most zero romantic chemistry couple in television history. 😏

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
All the unrest this summer kind of diminished my enthusiasm for PD (watch the other two occasionally), Voight just takes too many liberties sometimes. I'm still hurting from the episode where Olinsky hauls a guy down to the docks to tie a weight around his neck and execute him in the river instead of bringing him before a judge to answer for his crimes.

All the unrest this summer kind of diminished my enthusiasm for PD (watch the other two occasionally), Voight just takes too many liberties sometimes. I'm still hurting from the episode where Olinsky hauls a guy down to the docks to tie a weight around his neck and execute him in the river instead of bringing him before a judge to answer for his crimes.

It's fiction!

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back