Chic-fil-a bowl ticket question

jimvols

Any fellow students out there have any indication about how the student ticketing will go for the bowl game? I'd assume it would be much like the regular season distribution system although I'm doubtful they will allow us to bring guests. Anybody know about the size of the allotment or when they go on sale? I really want to go to the game but I worry about getting the big orange screw and not getting a ticket...also just out of curiosity I saw a post where Auburn is discounting student tickets for the outback bowl, has UT ever done that or is there a chance they might this year? I want to go but I am still on a college budget, the cheaper the better. Any insight would be much appreciated. :wavey:

Don't know about now but when I was in school, 2004-2007 seasons you just registered online like you did for away game tickets back then and I believe it was a lottery type system but they usually didn't sell out so everyone that requested got some. Of course this has all probably changed by now.

Unless something has changed in the past few years, student tickets will cost just as much as they do for everyone else. Unless you're hell bent on sitting with other students, it might just be easier/safer just to get them through ticketmaster.

|don't see an athletic department that recently started charging students for games to start subsidizing bowl tickets. Especially when the bowl will be in high demand due to close proximity.

Auburn is doing it because they need people to show up now that they've sold their soul to the Outback Bowl committee, and now they are faced with the problem that most Auburn fans can't even point to Florida on a map, let alone figure out how to get there.

Yeah forgot to add that part. They'll cost whatever face value is, it was that way for the 2007 SEC Championship Game as well which eventually turned into students selling their tickets to other students for $300 for a pair.

This is what bigorangetix is saying right now about student tickets.

Bowl Game Update

It is anticipated that the VOLS will be selected to participate in a bowl game. In that event, the following will occur:

* A limited number of bowl game tickets will be made available for students to purchase via BigOrangeTix (Big Orange Tix | Student Tickets).
* The tickets will be sold on a “first come, first served” basis and students will have the ability to purchase up to two (2) tickets.

At this time, we anticipate tickets being available to purchase at 12 noon Monday, December 7, 2009. Additional information regarding the ticket process will be provided as it becomes available. Please check back for updates.

VN Store

Back