Checker Neyland debate

I was there for our last home game against Florida, and even with the loss it was one of my favorite Neyland Stadium experiences. And seeing it on TV last year for the Ok game, it looked freakin AWESOME. I wish there was a way to do it for the Battle at Bristol. With the expected TV audience, you KNOW the nation would be impressed!

I say pick one big game each year to checker Neyland.

:rock:
GBO!!

And print on the ticket for that game which color the fan should wear in their section.

Reactions: 5 people
No debate, it's awesome looking keep on doing it for select schools. aka bama and fl maybe ga

I'm down for doing it for the florida game....considering i'll be there :). I've yet to see it in person.

I'm down for doing it for the florida game....considering i'll be there :). I've yet to see it in person.

It truly is something to see in person. I am lucky enough to have been at the FL game 2 years ago and Oklahoma last year.

I agree with those who say it makes sense to do it for the Bama game this year, but the negative about that is that the Bama game will most likely have the most opposing fans in the stadium, and will hurt the look of the checkerboard.

For somebody that has been going to Tennesse games since 04 (Student from 05-10), i can easily say there is no denying that the atmosphere has been ELECTRIC for both games we have checkered. We have not won either, but that will change this year. I hope this stays a once a year tradition.

It truly is something to see in person. I am lucky enough to have been at the FL game 2 years ago and Oklahoma last year.

I agree with those who say it makes sense to do it for the Bama game this year, but the negative about that is that the Bama game will most likely have the most opposing fans in the stadium, and will hurt the look of the checkerboard.

For somebody that has been going to Tennesse games since 04 (Student from 05-10), i can easily say there is no denying that the atmosphere has been ELECTRIC for both games we have checkered. We have not won either, but that will change this year. I hope this stays a once a year tradition.

The only problem with doing it vs Bama is if UT has 2 losses by that game. The luster will be off the season, somewhat. And to your point about the amount of Bama fans in the stadium.

UF is the game to do it.

The only problem with doing it vs Bama is if UT has 2 losses by that game. The luster will be off the season, somewhat. And to your point about the amount of Bama fans in the stadium.

UF is the game to do it.

Is that the somehow get at least 15000 people in there.
There would be too much sprinkled Crimson to make it look good.

Do it for the opening game. App st will not bring many fans. It will be warm so wearing white is not an issue. Most everyone will be watching Tn that night so it is great exposure.

Do it for the FL game, when the 3rd Saturday in October rolls around and we are still undefeated, do it again.

despite the loss, the energy during the oklahoma game when we checkered neyland last year is probably one of my personal favorite moments. If we could replicate that again (with a win of course), I'm all for it.

That was an awesome energy. One of the best games I think Ive been to and Ive been to a lot of Vols games and other stadiums. Clemson one of the other that really has crowd support but that Oklahoma game was something else.

There should be no more checkering until they start alternating the colors in the sections. Believe me when I say that a lot of people in the white section were not happy the second time. I say enough with this foolishness and just beat the hell out of everyone. Most people wear orange to the games and I guess people who watch games on tv do not realize this.

There should be no more checkering until they start alternating the colors in the sections. Believe me when I say that a lot of people in the white section were not happy the second time. I say enough with this foolishness and just beat the hell out of everyone. Most people wear orange to the games and I guess people who watch games on tv do not realize this.

You know your actually right about this. I moved my season tix this year and looked for an orange section!

You know your actually right about this. I moved my season tix this year and looked for an orange section!

I wasn't kidding, UTAD got a lot of complaints including mine. Then you get a sorry a$$ excuse that they didn't think the fans could pull off alternating, ridiculous.

Holy hell. People will ***** about anything.

I worked in retail in college, and I currently work for a minor league baseball team. Sports fans complain more than anybody. Some of the complaints that I've received are asinine.

Since they have the poll up, I can't see what section wears what. Does anyone remember what QQ wears?

A vote for Checker Neyland has been going around as you may know. I'm reaching out to all Vol fans to please vote for Florida. This game is the most important game for us this year. Win and it could possibly take us to places we have not been in many years. If we drop this game how hard will it be to right the ship and win the next 3. As fans if we can give our team just a little more to the home field advantage could make the difference. This game will be hard no matter the score or outcome. When things aren't going or way the players looking up at the crowd and seeing the checkerboard could possibly help them push through. If you guys have ever played sports you understand what that support means. Please guys we need this atmosphere to be electric. The outcome of games in the past doesn't matter. We have to break this streak and us as fans doing our part means a lot to these guys. Please VOLS Checker Neyland for Florida.
To vote go to https://checkerneyland.com/ and you have to have a Twitter account

Last edited:
200.gif

I went to the website and it had me pick 3 games. I don't get it or are they going to narrow it down ? It has to be Florida or Bama in my opinion.

VN Store

Back