Check out these Oregon fans

We claim 6 when we really only have 2

Pretty much all teams out there claim their share of titles from back in those times. Bama has no problem claiming 16, Michigan has no problem claiming 11. I have no problem claiming 6.

During the last 138 years, there have been more than 30 selectors of national champions using polls, historical research and mathematical rating systems.

Yet no one questions how many NC's the other schools have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
We claim 6 when we really only have 2

I could be mistaken, but, based on the metrics used to determine that UT only has two, wouldn't most teams that claim multiple championships have to eliminate several?

In all fairness, shouldn't UT be able to claim the total?

When a fan calls out a team and talks trash to a team/fanbase that is minding their own business, they are obviously worried they might get beat.

Franklin does that with Vandy, and Lane Kiffin did that.

They should be glad they have the number 2 team in the nation.

Last edited:
Oregon Championship trophy case

null_zpsb5f9f41c.jpg

Ha, you must have run by Vanderbilt to snap that picture.

Reactions: 5 people
Pretty much all teams out there claim their share of titles from back in those times. Bama has no problem claiming 16, Michigan has no problem claiming 11. I have no problem claiming 6.

Yet no one questions how many NC's the other schools have.

Plenty of people question it all the time. Why do you think people make fun of Alabama's NC claims? Nobody other than some die hard Bama fans really believe they have that many titles. Not to mention the NC itself hasn't even been that important to major college football until about the last 40 years or so, and you can even argue they really didn't get serious until the 90s when they started the Bowl Coalition stuff. It used to be almost dumb luck that #1 and #2 met in a bowl game.

It's hard to take something seriously when BYU won the NC in 1984, and only had to win the Holiday Bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
Sigh. Who cares? These are the same type of idiots who will flame anything, anyone, in regards to any subject. Especially over the Internet.

And google search crazy Vol fans and you'll see the same two clowns wearing orange. Who cares what these idiots have to say?

I don't pay a premium on tradition. Especially in sports. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately enterprise. The Dodgers are my baseball team, and they have one of the richest histories in all of American sports. It's cool; but right about now, I don't give a damn because they haven't won a title since 1988. Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks Marlins have won a few combine titles. Seriously?!

I love Dodger tradition, but man do I covet the World Series the Diamondbacks have. To say a bad modern team is great because they won championships 40 years ago is as dumb as saying a dominant team now is bad because they didn't win 40 years ago. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fans of the #2 team in the country feeling confident about beating an unranked team at home in a hostile environment, especially when said fans watched said current #2 team beat up said visitor in their stadium just a few years ago. That can only be expected. (Imagine Tennessee were ranked #2 and an unranked UCLA, Michigan, or Texas team came to YOUR house. I assume you'd be feeling pretty damn confident.)

But what should also be expected is for a fan base, on both sides of major football teams, to respect the fact that on any given day, any team can beat any team. I'll be the first to admit I expect the Ducks to beat Tennessee. But I'm also the first to admit that Tennessee could easily beat the Ducks if a full effort isn't given. You guys are down - you're not dead. You have players, you have a chip on your shoulders, and you have a solid coach. What about that doesn't say losable game for the Ducks? Nothing, I say.

Screw those guys. Best not to give them attention. This Duck respects your Vols and looks forward to a competitive game.

As far as the dirty Nike comments go: don't be ridiculous. The payment Oregon made wasn't a recruiting violation; it was a horribly worthless business transaction, operated under an undefined gray area of NCAA rules. Regardless of what you think of that, Nike wasn't writing the paychecks.

And also remember that Nike only gives Oregon what it gives a **** load of other programs nowadays: trendy uniforms. Phil Knight the alum - not Nike the company- is the man who gives us money. And most alums do it, whether making $50,000 a year or $50,000,000. And that's completely legal. He could offer Oregon a billion dollars tomorrow. And the university would take, as would any university. His connection to our school is legendary. It makes sense he donates a lot. And while he may give our football program prodigious sums of money, he also donates prodigious suns of money to academics - paying for our library, our law building, our study and resource center, as well as paying for professor tenures.

AND, what's the difference between one über wealthy booster and 10 really wealthy boosters? Nothing. Oregon takes Phil Knight's money without shame. Just as USC, Texas, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc. etc. takes money from all their wealthy boosters. If you hate on Oregon for benefiting from Nike, you're crazy. Because your cannot convince me that your school wouldn't jump with joy if one of your alums created the largest sports apparel company in the world. And your president, athletic director, and everyone else involved in the school would line up outside of his front door with palms held out and an Oliver Twist "More, please..." look in their eyes.

Anyway, this website is great. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and posts (even the slightly crazy ones!). I feel like I've learned a lot about your team and the state of your program. And for it's worth, this outsider sees good things on the horizon. To many years of us beating USC and you beating Florida!

Reactions: 11 people
Sigh. Who cares? These are the same type of idiots who will flame anything, anyone, in regards to any subject. Especially over the Internet.

And google search crazy Vol fans and you'll see the same two clowns wearing orange. Who cares what these idiots have to say?

I don't pay a premium on tradition. Especially in sports. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately enterprise. The Dodgers are my baseball team, and they have one of the richest histories in all of American sports. It's cool; but right about now, I don't give a damn because they haven't won a title since 1988. Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks Marlins have won a few combine titles. Seriously?!

I love Dodger tradition, but man do I covet the World Series the Diamondbacks have. To say a bad modern team is great because they won championships 40 years ago is as dumb as saying a dominant team now is bad because they didn't win 40 years ago. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fans of the #2 team in the country feeling confident about beating an unranked team at home in a hostile environment, especially when said fans watched said current #2 team beat up said visitor in their stadium just a few years ago. That can only be expected. (Imagine Tennessee were ranked #2 and an unranked UCLA, Michigan, or Texas team came to YOUR house. I assume you'd be feeling pretty damn confident.)

But what should also be expected is for a fan base, on both sides of major football teams, to respect the fact that on any given day, any team can beat any team. I'll be the first to admit I expect the Ducks to beat Tennessee. But I'm also the first to admit that Tennessee could easily beat the Ducks if a full effort isn't given. You guys are down - you're not dead. You have players, you have a chip on your shoulders, and you have a solid coach. What about that doesn't say losable game for the Ducks? Nothing, I say.

Screw those guys. Best not to give them attention. This Duck respects your Vols and looks forward to a competitive game.

As far as the dirty Nike comments go: don't be ridiculous. The payment Oregon made wasn't a recruiting violation; it was a horribly worthless business transaction, operated under an undefined gray area of NCAA rules. Regardless of what you think of that, Nike wasn't writing the paychecks.

And also remember that Nike only gives Oregon what it gives a **** load of other programs nowadays: trendy uniforms. Phil Knight the alum - not Nike the company- is the man who gives us money. And most alums do it, whether making $50,000 a year or $50,000,000. And that's completely legal. He could offer Oregon a billion dollars tomorrow. And the university would take, as would any university. His connection to our school is legendary. It makes sense he donates a lot. And while he may give our football program prodigious sums of money, he also donates prodigious suns of money to academics - paying for our library, our law building, our study and resource center, as well as paying for professor tenures.

AND, what's the difference between one über wealthy booster and 10 really wealthy boosters? Nothing. Oregon takes Phil Knight's money without shame. Just as USC, Texas, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc. etc. takes money from all their wealthy boosters. If you hate on Oregon for benefiting from Nike, you're crazy. Because your cannot convince me that your school wouldn't jump with joy if one of your alums created the largest sports apparel company in the world. And your president, athletic director, and everyone else involved in the school would line up outside of his front door with palms held out and an Oliver Twist "More, please..." look in their eyes.

Anyway, this website is great. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and posts (even the slightly crazy ones!). I feel like I've learned a lot about your team and the state of your program. And for it's worth, this outsider sees good things on the horizon. To many years of us beating USC and you beating Florida!

well said.....you get it!!!

Hey guys, wait wait......one video on Youtube doesn't justify lumping all "Oregon fans" into that category. Can we agree every team has about 10% moron fans and call a truce here?

Reactions: 2 people
Hey guys, wait wait......one video on Youtube doesn't justify lumping all "Oregon fans" into that category. Can we agree every team has about 10% moron fans and call a truce here?

Oh.....if you have ANY doubt that we have our "slightly left of center" fans, come back on here after the game, win or lose, and read the multiple I told you so comments from us. This will be highly comical either way.:eek:lol:

Here's to a good game, either way!

Reactions: 1 person

Sounds like a plan to me.:peace2:

Most of the Oregon fans that have been fans for a long time have stated they do have some bandwagon fans that have only come on over the past few years. I think it’s safe to assume this represents the minority rather than majority. The Duck fans I met while in Knoxville and over the years of my travel with business have been good folks. Every group is going to have a few nuts in it.

This video merely demonstrates the difference between bandwagon fans and legitimate fans. It's one thing to talk trash before a game, but it's another to be completely clueless about college football and its history.

First, take the national title discussion for example. Either these two suck buddies were purposely obfuscating the process for awarding national titles pre-BCS or they became college football fans within the last couple of years. I'll presume the latter as only douchey front runners would make a video that simply highlights their lack of knowledge.

Second, if you're going to belittle our offensive line, at least know what you're talking about. You're really going to cite other teams' lines that have comparable talent to ours as being demonstrably "better?" We have a 1st rounder at LT, a likely 1st or 2nd rounder at RT, and our Gs and C will likely get drafted or picked up as UFAs.

Finally, why punch down? Oregon should manhandle UT based on the available data and the relative states of the program. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me and definitely not representative of the non-bandwagon Oregon fans.

I'm sorry, but why have we only supposedly won two titles?
1951 and 1998 are the only ones awarded by the major polls. The others that we claim were awarded retroactive, and some of them are rather dubious. We claim a NC for 1967 when we went 9-2.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I made it through a minute and a half. If I were an Oregon fan, I'd go pull these idiots out of their mom's basement and slap them in the back of their fugly shaved heads.

I just don't understand the whole "record yourself acting like a dumbass and post it for all the world to see" mentality. Makes me fear for the future.

Reactions: 6 people
I just don't understand the whole "record yourself acting like a dumbass and post it for all the world to see" mentality. Makes me fear for the future.

It'll make for some interesting presidential elections in about 20 years...

VN Store

Back