Check out Parmanti Brother's downtown Pittsburgh

Photos?

In a side note, I'm not used to tons of stuff on sandwiches, but my wife and I had sandwiches at the Carnegie Deli once and we couldn't eat all of it- like cheese piled up an inch high on pastrami piled an inch and a half high. It was good, though!

Reactions: stewart6600
I went about 6 years ago. They have them outside of Pittsburgh now (and chains around town), but the downtown original one is the place to go. It’s kinda dirty/greasy (think Gus’), but that’s part of the experience. And the mural on the wall of Clemente and other Pittsburgh sports legends is cool. Definitely get pastrami.

I'm pretty sure it's Primanti's, not Parmanti's. I believe they have several locations in Pittsburgh.
Never been to Pittsburgh although I did live not far from there several eons ago.
Had some great Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches in Philadelphia though a long time ago.
If Primanti's is the place that puts french fries on the sandwich, I'd pass on the fries - don't like fries, but I'm sure I'd enjoy the sandwich.

I'm pretty sure it's Primanti's, not Parmanti's. I believe they have several locations in Pittsburgh.
Never been to Pittsburgh although I did live not far from there several eons ago.
Had some great Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches in Philadelphia though a long time ago.
If Primanti's is the place that puts french fries on the sandwich, I'd pass on the fries - don't like fries, but I'm sure I'd enjoy the sandwich.
I was an over the road truck driver in a different life, and I fell in love with the Philly cheese steak sandwich. I have tried them at different venues around here, but none of them compare to the ones you get in Philly.

Went there last nite, 1/2 price Happy Hour-oh my! They played Rocky Top and all Vols were singing and clapping, great time.
Now only if the school itself was half as welcoming as the rest of the city… still can’t believe their away team ticket locations

VN Store

Back