Chavis

Because I don't see the value in keeping Pruitt for another two years if we go 1-11 this season, I "constantly hammer for a change"?

I bet you were a 'give Butch more time' guy right up to some point in November 2017 weren't you?
What’s the last coach you liked?

I will answer the question.

I have given every coach a chance. I actually enjoyed the antics of Kiffen the most. However, I am on the same page in that I gave them all a chance.

Pruitt is dry as a bone, and not much fun at press conferences, but he has brought in very good SEC and National Title winning coaches. They know how to win, and I believe they will if given enough time. Now, we are still playing like this, this time next year, and I will have changed my tone.

Pruitt's on-field coaching hasn't been perfect. I think not calling any timeouts before halftime was a mistake against UF. We had 3 timeouts, and they were either going to score a TD, field goal, or go out on downs. We could have given it one last try, with about a minute to go...

Still, we give them one more recruiting class, and get rid of more excess baggage from the previous administration. If they still can't coach them up, then I will start crossing over to the dark side.

I will answer the question.

I have given every coach a chance. I actually enjoyed the antics of Kiffen the most. However, I am on the same page in that I gave them all a chance.

Pruitt is dry as a bone, and not much fun at press conferences, but he has brought in very good SEC and National Title winning coaches. They know how to win, and I believe they will if given enough time. Now, we are still playing like this, this time next year, and I will have changed my tone.

Pruitt's on-field coaching hasn't been perfect. I think not calling any timeouts before halftime was a mistake against UF. We had 3 timeouts, and they were either going to score a TD, field goal, or go out on downs. We could have given it one last try, with about a minute to go...

Still, we give them one more recruiting class, and get rid of more excess baggage from the previous administration. If they still can't coach them up, then I will start crossing over to the dark side.
I couldn’t agree more sir

Reactions: i2amavol and cgrish
Bigorangeal1979,if you ever saw Chavis's "Mustang pass defense"during his term here,you would know.not to bring him back.A good dc in the day,now ,I think,running out the string of his career.

Welp, I am in Arkansas this week. And they think hes waaaaay past his prime. Not sure whose worse this year us, Arky, or Vandy.

Starkel threw 5 pics against San Jose St. Hardly Chavis’ fault. Arkansas and Miss St have the hardest recruiting jobs in the SEC and it shows up for Arkansas on Defense. Arky is probably a better fit for the BIG 12 but they’re never gonna give up SEC money

Oh, how memory has escaped you! Look up the word 'idiot' in Webster's and there is no definition. The only thing there is a picture of Third and Chavis.

He isn't the answer. A competent head coach and better Jimmy's and Joe's are. The better players are going to the top programs. So the only way to combat that is to bring in a guy that demands respect and has been there done that before. Jeremy Pruitt was another head coach on training wheels, poor decision from everyone's savior Phil.

Since the D# is not the real problem here, I would suggest learning what a real QB can do to help.

While we’re at it, Why not bring back Randy Sanders? Anyone heard from Greg Adkins or Pat Washington lately? Maybe we can coax Dan Brooks out of retirement. Jimmy Ray Stephens and Larry Slade still around?#putthebandbacktogether

Only if you throw in Trooper Taylor to sweeten the deal.

Reactions: i2amavol
Wow, TN, LSU, A&M, and Arkansas must have been duped or there was some extraordinary back room deal that got Chavis hired at those 4 SEC institutions. How could they have all been so dumb? It’s inconceivable.

No, I gave up in October. After you and your associates finally hector our current coach into submission, I'll surrender then as well. Then I'll get on the bandwagon for the next one until you and yours start on him. You guys felt empowered by the movement against Schiano, so now everybody's fair game. Exhilarating, ain't it?
Ridiculous....I personally wanted to fire coaches long before the Schiano debacle. Keep trotting substandard coaching talent out here to give us substandard football, and that trend will likely continue.

While we’re at it, Why not bring back Randy Sanders? Anyone heard from Greg Adkins or Pat Washington lately? Maybe we can coax Dan Brooks out of retirement. Jimmy Ray Stephens and Larry Slade still around?#putthebandbacktogether

I’ll take Randy. Perhaps he could help JG in the same way he helped André Woodson. Didn’t do so bad with Jameis either. And most of this board would agree that the thing that might turn this teams’ attitude around is a little inspirational helmet smack every now and then.

VN Store

Back