Chavis is available!

I don't think people understand how hard it's going to be for Pruitt to get a solid replacement in here. For several reasons, one obviously being how the position became vacant and the fact that Pruitt is really struggling here. Honestly if it weren't for covid and the financial deficit we would be having a real conversation about showing Pruitt the door. Frankly, we still might be if he finishes 2-8 or 3-7

Would he be willing to coach the D line and not be the D Coordinator? Not sure what his ego’s like.

If so it would be nice to see him come home and one day retire at UT.

I think that one of the halftime report guys said in passing during a commercial break that the new Dline coach would be there in a coupe of weeks by the next game.

He said he would like to return to college football and coach a few more years. What are your thoughts on bringing him back as the D-Line Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator?

John Chavis eyeing return to college football

Like another defensive coordinator I can think of he had a pretty good record when the player talent he had to work with outmanned the opposition.

I think that one of the halftime report guys said in passing during a commercial break that the new Dline coach would be there in a coupe of weeks by the next game.
A report immediately came out after the Brumbaugh firing that Pruitt would coach the DL the rest of the year. I believe it came directly from Pruitt.

Reactions: LeBleu
He said he would like to return to college football and coach a few more years. What are your thoughts on bringing him back as the D-Line Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator?

John Chavis eyeing return to college football
yes!
Bring out some more relics from the past and maybe Barry Switzer can come and teach us the wishbone offense. yeah baby! 1970 football is the answer

The problems with Chief:

1 - Never could consistently stop a spread offense
2 - 3rd and Chavis
3 - Chavis needs elite - not very good, good, or average - but elite talent in order to field a good defense because his defenses are less than the sum of their parts. If he doesn't have a host of uniquely talented players, his defenses are pretty pedestrian.

The problems with Chief:

1 - Never could consistently stop a spread offense
2 - 3rd and Chavis
3 - Chavis needs elite - not very good, good, or average - but elite talent in order to field a good defense because his defenses are less than the sum of their parts. If he doesn't have a host of uniquely talented players, his defenses are pretty pedestrian.

Pretty much this.

If hired it could give way to undermining the coaching staff, he would be in Fulmers ear every time he disagreed with how something was being done, I dont see it as a productive move.

May have been a personnel issue. Was he not producing solid
Defenses in his assignments preceding that in the last 5/10 years ?
Not sure how the middle school team he coached this fall fared but if it was badly, I'm sure it was the kids' fault because Chavis played at UT and he's a defensive guru.

I think we just need to STFU about defense and let Pruitt do his thing. JMO.

We're getting better. There have been and will be some challenges. Pruitt is a defensive mastermind. He'll figure it out.

Can he coach offensive line?
Quarterbacks?

Seriously, I'd be down with some more orange blood to dilute some of that Bama on the staff.

No, seriously, I'd be good with Chavis, I think.

VN Store

Back