Chase Burns....

“Lab“ is more marketing and hype than anything. we could call a broom closet our pitching lab if we wanted to. It’s just leveraging the latest technology and analytics (which we do without applying a fancy name to it). A consultant will tell you if you add “lab” to a client engagement, you can charge a premium for it. 🍊👍👊😀😃🍊👍👍👊

Let me know when they acquire beakers and flasks, then we can talk

Make no mistake, Chase Burns is having a heck of a season at WF. He was just named as ACC Pitcher of the Week for the 4th time this season. His pitching stats support being a top 10 pick.
He’d easily be our Friday guy. Beam on Saturday and Stamos/Causey on Sunday would be deadly. And who knows, if Burns had returned, maybe Russell doesn’t get hurt and is plugged in on Sunday. Then you have Causey, Stamos, and Zander all available in the pen. This team would be in the same league as 2022.

He’d easily be our Friday guy. Beam on Saturday and Stamos/Causey on Sunday would be deadly. And who knows, if Burns had returned, maybe Russell doesn’t get hurt and is plugged in on Sunday. Then you have Causey, Stamos, and Zander all available in the pen. This team would be in the same league as 2022.
I am kind of digging the Combs, Snead, and Csusey combo in the 2024 pen. These three have been really solid most of the year

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I’m not sure. Maybe that is part of the stadium renovation plan? 🤷‍♂️

As far as Chase is concerned, he was a stud as a freshman and him going to a completely different conference has helped him in that regard. It’s been well documented that all the teams in the SEC spent a significant amount of time scouting our pitchers in the offseason after that 2022 season. We returned all of our starting pitchers and everyone knew what to expect. I think that was the main reason for the drop off in all of our starter’s stats last year.
And the ACC just doesn’t have a plethora of arms like his so he’s almost like a unicorn. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my dad and I walked out of that Clemson game last year and Clemson fans commented on how we rolled 3 guys out there in a row who all were throwing 95+ (Doe, Burns and Halvy) and asked where did you find 3 guys like that. We said we have 3-4 more in the dugout who can touch 95+ and they were in awe. They simply weren’t used to seeing it in the ACC.

No he won’t! Skenes made his debut in May 2024 after his 2023 pick, Burns isn’t even close to the same kind of pitcher as Skenes is, so he might make his debut by All Star break of 2025 if at all in 2025.
I personally don’t like Burns and his attitude. His stuff is undeniable though. They will fine tune him in the minors for a few outings and then call him up fairly quickly in my opinion.

I personally don’t like Burns and his attitude. His stuff is undeniable though. They will fine tune him in the minors for a few outings and then call him up fairly quickly in my opinion.
It won’t be May of the year after he’s drafted is all I’m saying. He’s got stuff for sure, but unlike with college pitching that attitude when things don’t go right will hold him back and he pitches like a little baby getting his feelings hurt. I don’t like his attitude and he has some incredible stuff, but that attitude has held many a pitcher back in the minors. Again the stuff is there but his mental makeup sets him back unlike with Skenes!

"This season went in a lot of different ways and as coaches we have to do what we think is best for the whole group and find a way to try and win games. In the end, I think that worked out fairly well. But for his case, he's going to take his efforts somewhere else. It's been a deal where he's done more than a lot for the program. Not just last year, and of course this year, too. In the course of this year, he became the No. 1 popular pitcher — maybe in the country, but definitely in his class and he's probably ranked No. 1 as a pitcher in his class at this point. But it's a different day and age, so he'll take those efforts on somewhere else and we wish him the best."

Followed CTV's lead and wished him the bested. Not going to hate on Chase, not a year later.

No he won’t! Skenes made his debut in May 2024 after his 2023 pick, Burns isn’t even close to the same kind of pitcher as Skenes is, so he might make his debut by All Star break of 2025 if at all in 2025.
Well if he doesn't pitch in Majors by May then I will admit I was wrong, how about you and your disdain for Chase.

Well if he doesn't pitch in Majors by May then I will admit I was wrong, how about you and your disdain for Chase.
As a starter he won’t because he’s not in same league as Skenes is or he would be going number 1. As a bullpen piece he might make it by May 2025 and I guess you would be right, but I’d be happy to put my money where my mouth is and say he won’t be starting in MLB by May 2025, would you? If he was to make it May 2025 it would be as a bullpen piece but at that point he would prob whine like a little baby like he did here and become a clubhouse cancer(talk to some of the guys on last years team about him), That is why I have disdain for him! You always do what is best for your team and he always put himself first! I even laugh today that UT won a natty and he went to the famed Wake Forest pitching club and made an exit before even making it to the CWS! He would still be one of the top picks if he had stayed and put the team first because he would have went back to starting this season, but instead he wanted to be a baby and it cost him having a CWS ring. That’s why I have disdain for him, he could have had his cake and ate it to, instead he pouted and left and he will be a top pick, but has no ring.

As a starter he won’t because he’s not in same league as Skenes is or he would be going number 1. As a bullpen piece he might make it by May 2025 and I guess you would be right, but I’d be happy to put my money where my mouth is and say he won’t be starting in MLB by May 2025, would you? If he was to make it May 2025 it would be as a bullpen piece but at that point he would prob whine like a little baby like he did here and become a clubhouse cancer(talk to some of the guys on last years team about him), That is why I have disdain for him! You always do what is best for your team and he always put himself first! I even laugh today that UT won a natty and he went to the famed Wake Forest pitching club and made an exit before even making it to the CWS! He would still be one of the top picks if he had stayed and put the team first because he would have went back to starting this season, but instead he wanted to be a baby and it cost him having a CWS ring. That’s why I have disdain for him, he could have had his cake and ate it to, instead he pouted and left and he will be a top pick, but has no ring.
I use my money for important things like spending it on my five beautiful grandchildren but like I said I will admit it if he doesn't start next season on a MLB by May that I was incorrect. Enjoy the day and draft tonight on MLB Network.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I use my money for important things like spending it on my five beautiful grandchildren but like I said I will admit it if he doesn't start next season on a MLB by May that I was incorrect. Enjoy the day and draft tonight on MLB Network.
7:00 pm ET. Really looking forward to it!

Reactions: knoxvol52
It won’t be May of the year after he’s drafted is all I’m saying. He’s got stuff for sure, but unlike with college pitching that attitude when things don’t go right will hold him back and he pitches like a little baby getting his feelings hurt. I don’t like his attitude and he has some incredible stuff, but that attitude has held many a pitcher back in the minors. Again the stuff is there but his mental makeup sets him back unlike with Skenes!

I could be wrong but I agree. I am not sure he has the mental makeup for success at the pro level.

I believe the slot bonus for Chase Burns is $9,785,000 (which is more than what Skenes got at #1). Paid out in 2 installments, pay your agent 4%, and let Uncle Sam take his cut. Still walking away with $6m net?

His mental make doesn't care what you think and he's going to have a comfortable life for the rest of his life whether baseball works out or not.

VN Store

Back