Charlie Weiss to Florida as OC???

What are the chances the FL players can catch on to the CW offense. I remember our troubles grasping the Clawfense and find it hard to believe the FL players have comparable IQs

i'd say you should worry about florida until you beat them on a regular basis.....or at all.

What are the chances the FL players can catch on to the CW offense. I remember our troubles grasping the Clawfense and find it hard to believe the FL players have comparable IQs

It's simpler than your average WCO. A lot of formations, motions, personnel, few concepts and plays. Uses a lot of numbers as well. Unlike most offenses that use Right or Left to denote the position of Y/TE, EP uses numbers.

0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 are base formations -- on even numbers Y is on the right, odd numbers on the left. The numbers denote backfield sets with modifiers;

0/1 - I-Formation
2/3 - Far
6/7 - Split Backs
8/9 - Near

1 Out Slot 50 D-Slant Snag

Y is on the right, out represents the position of F, and slot denotes that the FL and SE are on the same side.

50 is the protection: 7 man slide with no hots.

I could give you a more in-depth rundown if you want. I can eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone is worried about Will Muschamp...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

To answer the question, I think they can catch on.

Complicated, but easy enough to understand if one puts the work into learning the playbook.

If he learned anything from Bill Belichick, he would know that the playbook is game-plan heavy.

Weis and Muschamp may be a good combination, a few years from now.

Please keep in mind that with every team with a new staff, playbook, etc, there is a learning curve and it takes time for them to finally hit their stride. It's very unlikely that by the time spring and fall practice concludes, UF will be on all cylinders.

Besides, Muschamp is the unknown factor at this point.

can u say CW wants a paycheck...
I think it might be a big box of donuts he's wanting. I mean afterall

weisathon.jpg

What are they going to do? Pay him more than the HC? No offense to anyone other than Weis himself but he is an idiot if he goes to FL as the OC...

I think Charlie may be under the impression that he can parlay great success at UF (which he is very capable of) into another shot at running a program.

That said, it seems as if Charlie is less that likeable, so maybe he has made himself unlikable in KC.

I think Charlie may be under the impression that he can parlay great success at UF (which he is very capable of) into another shot at running a program.

That said, it seems as if Charlie is less that likeable, so maybe he has made himself unlikable in KC.
Should fit right in in Gainesville then.

I, for one, welcome this hire. The idea that he's a solid offensive mind is hilarious. He rode the coattails of the best organization in pro football, and in South Bend, he was mediocre at everything besides procuring offensive recruits.

Not really. He had and recruited plenty of NFLers on O at Notre Dame.

Of course the other really BIG positive about this is that he is just a short term hired gun. As soon as a better deal comes along... bye bye Charlie. Turmoil will ensue at FU... I couldn't be happier.

There is serious potential for Florida to be VERY good with this combination....

BUT I think it's a bad hire for Muschamp. GameDay said it best today - Hiring a strong personality like Charlie Weis, who has been in the NFL and a HC in CFB already, to coach under a first time HC at the college level, creates an interesting dynamic among coaches. If things don't click with them from the start I think it will be a disaster.

Well Brantley really does suck a duck doesn't he. Threw that pick right to psu. If he isn't the starter then uf is screwed because they don't have a passing qb on roster. And you can't just expect any fr to do good in the sec. Starting to think if uf had a halfway decen qb the would have won the east this yr. It would be funny as hell watching Weis go nuts on brantley next yr. It could be an even worse meltdown than this yr.

One thing about it is if Muschamp brings in all these big names and the results don't follow, the meltdown will be fun to witness.

I, for one, welcome this hire. The idea that he's a solid offensive mind is hilarious. He rode the coattails of the best organization in pro football, and in South Bend, he was mediocre at everything besides procuring offensive recruits.

+1. This is great news. He called Billicheck's O in NE, Sucked at calling O at ND, and called Haley's O in KC.
:clapping::clapping:

Not trying to argue but Im not that impressed. Tom Brady still plays with the Patriots and other than his time there he has not been that great. Furthermore the Pats didn't really skip a beat when he left.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thats because that wasent his offense. No "offense" but hes not the genius hes made out to be IMVHO.

Last edited:
It's simpler than your average WCO. A lot of formations, motions, personnel, few concepts and plays. Uses a lot of numbers as well. Unlike most offenses that use Right or Left to denote the position of Y/TE, EP uses numbers.

0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 are base formations -- on even numbers Y is on the right, odd numbers on the left. The numbers denote backfield sets with modifiers;

0/1 - I-Formation
2/3 - Far
6/7 - Split Backs
8/9 - Near

1 Out Slot 50 D-Slant Snag

Y is on the right, out represents the position of F, and slot denotes that the FL and SE are on the same side.

50 is the protection: 7 man slide with no hots.

I could give you a more in-depth rundown if you want. I can eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff.

wut?

+1. This is great news. He called Billicheck's O in NE, Sucked at calling O at ND, and called Haley's O in KC.
:clapping::clapping:

Who is Billicheck?

Bill Belichick was reared in the EP, as was Weis. CW installed it after 2000 in NE. A different variation was used by Ron Erhardt under Parcells in the 90s before Zampese came to town with Pete Caroll. Moreover, it's not Belichick's offense (Ron Erhardt-Ray Perkins). Ron Erhardt designed the baby and it has spread into different variations throughout the tree. While being heavily involved in every detail, Belichick has not called the plays -- Weis, McDaniels, O'Brien (In that order).

The tree looks more like this:

Ron Erhardt -- Giants, Steelers, Jets
Tom Coughlin (Giants)
Charlie Weis (Giants)
Chan Gailey (Steelers)
Kevin Whisenhunt (Steelers)
Bruce Arians (Steelers)
Mike Mularkey (Steelers)
Maurice Carthon (Giants, Patriots)
Jim Fassel (Giants)
Todd Haley (Jets)
Chris Palmer (Patriots)
Charlie Weis -- Giants, Jets, Patriots, Notre Dame
Josh McDaniels (Patriots)
Mike Haywood (Notre Dame)
Dan Henning (Jets)
Jeff Davidson (Patriots)
Brian Daboll (Patriots)
Tom Coughlin -- Giants, Boston College, Jags
Bobby Petrino (Jags)
Gary Crowton (BC)
Kevin Gilbride (Giants)
Jim Fassel -- Giants (WCO/EP combo)
Sean Payton (Giants)
Tony Sparano (Cowboys) Indirectly

The teams running it: Pittsburgh, New England, Miami, Cleveland, Falcons, Panthers, Saints (Indirectly), Giants, Bills, Broncos, Chiefs, Cardinals.

Most of the coaches regurgitate throughout the league or start with the mentioned above.

He didn't run "Billcheck's offense" or "Haley's offense."

He's not a fraud.

VN Store

Back