Charlie Creme with Tennessee Cream Pie on his face

madtownvol

During that interminably long 3rd quarter interview with ESPN's anointed Grand master of seeding, Charlie Creme was pontificating that LSU had to walk through some doors to get a #1 seed. The first door was beating the LVs and now they can move on to the second door which is beating SC in the SEC championship.

So, this comment came mid-way in the 3rd quarter when the LVs had just cut the lead to under 10. Not the most prescient comment ever made on a national broadcast.

You would think someone who has been around college basketball as long as Creme would know that anything can happen over a quarter + and that 9 point can evaporate pretty quickly.

I am not dissing Creme that much. The LVs record this season against ranked opponents had given him every reason to expect that they were not likely to mount a comeback.

But Kellie and the team seem to have figured it out and are, as they say, peaking at the right time.

I was not at all optimistic when the LVs faced SC earlier this season. I have a lot more hope this time around (realizing that the LVs are still underdogs but I think they are more ready for the fight, now that we have super trio of Rickea, Jordan, and Jillian all feeling it.

I just want to watch and listen to the game. Why would they put a blowhard like that on while the game is in play? It's so distracting and irritating. Especially when he's so prone to make a fool of himself like he did.
He jumped the gun. There were a few Lady Vol "fans" in this forum, who did the same thing.

You guys DID watch the first half, yes? Anybody who did wouldn't have given us ANY chance of winning that game as bad as
we looked. I stopped watching it. We were awful. It was a great comeback--team showed a lot of grit--but falling behind by 17 to a good team
and somehow managing to win...I wouldn't count on seeing that again. Our offense....Hollingshead helped in the second half, but it basically
consists of setting picks for Jackson or Horston and let's hope they can score or get fouled--Jackson more than Horston. The zone defense
saved us. It amazes me that we still play as much man defense as we do given that we have players who simply cannot defend 1v1. We played a bit of zone in the first half and LSU had no problem dealing with it. But in the 2nd half they struggled--stood around--and we were organized in our zone, for the most part, which often isn't the case. Hoping for a good game today.

There's a reason that games are four quarters long. The Lady Vols had one of their best games of the year. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy it.

You guys DID watch the first half, yes? Anybody who did wouldn't have given us ANY chance of winning that game as bad as
we looked. I stopped watching it. We were awful. It was a great comeback--team showed a lot of grit--but falling behind by 17 to a good team
and somehow managing to win...I wouldn't count on seeing that again. Our offense....Hollingshead helped in the second half, but it basically
consists of setting picks for Jackson or Horston and let's hope they can score or get fouled--Jackson more than Horston. The zone defense
saved us. It amazes me that we still play as much man defense as we do given that we have players who simply cannot defend 1v1. We played a bit of zone in the first half and LSU had no problem dealing with it. But in the 2nd half they struggled--stood around--and we were organized in our zone, for the most part, which often isn't the case. Hoping for a good game today.

There's a reason that games are four quarters long. The Lady Vols had one of their best games of the year. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy it.
The best thing I tell my teams who are behind at halftime is,,,
"it took one half for this to happen to you, in one half, you can make it happen to them"

I just want to watch and listen to the game. Why would they put a blowhard like that on while the game is in play? It's so distracting and irritating. Especially when he's so prone to make a fool of himself like he did.
We're fortunate we didn't get a split screen of Allayah Boston eating nachos in the stands the whole game.

There's been lots of rambling verbage not related to the game this tourney (Carolyn Peck even more than Creme) and it is annoying. Just call the game.

Stanford and Indiana both lost after having a double digit lead entering the fourth quarter.

the setting of 1-16 home teams will be most interesting and with lots of howls on teams mistreated. ain't that always thou

During that interminably long 3rd quarter interview with ESPN's anointed Grand master of seeding, Charlie Creme was pontificating that LSU had to walk through some doors to get a #1 seed. The first door was beating the LVs and now they can move on to the second door which is beating SC in the SEC championship.

So, this comment came mid-way in the 3rd quarter when the LVs had just cut the lead to under 10. Not the most prescient comment ever made on a national broadcast.

You would think someone who has been around college basketball as long as Creme would know that anything can happen over a quarter + and that 9 point can evaporate pretty quickly.

I am not dissing Creme that much. The LVs record this season against ranked opponents had given him every reason to expect that they were not likely to mount a comeback.

But Kellie and the team seem to have figured it out and are, as they say, peaking at the right time.

I was not at all optimistic when the LVs faced SC earlier this season. I have a lot more hope this time around (realizing that the LVs are still underdogs but I think they are more ready for the fight, now that we have super trio of Rickea, Jordan, and Jillian all feeling it.
Home game for Dawn....

We're fortunate we didn't get a split screen of Allayah Boston eating nachos in the stands the whole game.

There's been lots of rambling verbage not related to the game this tourney (Carolyn Peck even more than Creme) and it is annoying. Just call the game.

Or a split screen of the LSU being "excited", riveting television that was. When it comes to women's games, the networks all seem to believe that they have add a side show circus to keep viewers interested.

NEWS FLASH:

We interupt this thread with a breaning announcement:

THE SEC has declared LSU the winner of the conference semi-final and the Tennessee Lady Cols . SEC officials stated that there is simply "no freakin way" that the Lady Vols should have back from their abysmal first half performance. They further explained that LSU being badly outplayed in the 2nd half doesn't count. According to one insider, the SEC committee, concluded it was unfair to expect LSU team to play well for a full 40 minutes. One half should be more than enough to determine an outcome. The SEC also thanks the many fans on Vol nation who they know will fully back their corrective decision. And now, back to our regular programming.

Creme on his face

Stanford and Indiana both lost after having a double digit lead entering the fourth quarter.

the setting of 1-16 home teams will be most interesting and with lots of howls on teams mistreated. ain't that always thou
If we are being honest, there is a lot of parity today, much more than there has ever been.

With the exception of South Carolina, I truly could see any top 4 seed making a run for a final four. Look at all the ridiculous losses over the last few weeks from all these top teams. Its open for the taking.

You know , Walker was buzzing around on defense both in the "Man"and the "Zone". She put the brakes on Morris and ran the point like she did last year in the tourney .

Or a split screen of the LSU being "excited", riveting television that was. When it comes to women's games, the networks all seem to believe that they have add a side show circus to keep viewers interested.
Is Peck the one who sounds like an old bitty with ill-fitting dentures? Just rambles on and on?

Reactions: Ratvol
If we are being honest, there is a lot of parity today, much more than there has ever been.

With the exception of South Carolina, I truly could see any top 4 seed making a run for a final four. Look at all the ridiculous losses over the last few weeks from all these top teams. Its open for the taking.

100%. I can even see a couple 8/9 seeds pulling off a 2nd round upset (and 7/10 seeds for that matter).

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01

The split screen really annoys me. The game screen is too small to see the game very well, and since the announcers are jabbering about something else, you can't get a description of the play, either. If you tuned in to see the game and not to listen to peripheral stuff, it is frustrating.

VN Store

Back