Charlie Creme’s Early Bracket

I think A&M’s placement is intriguing along with Notre Dames and NC St. I see Kellie’s old team holding fast in the MVC and Oregon is remaining strong as a #3 seed after losing transfers and 3 top WNBA picks. I think that is because of their recruiting class and the hope that the young lady who transferred from TX makes a huge impact.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I think A&M’s placement is intriguing along with Notre Dames and NC St. I see Kellie’s old team holding fast in the MVC and Oregon is remaining strong as a #3 seed after losing transfers and 3 top WNBA picks. I think that is because of their recruiting class and the hope that the young lady who transferred from TX makes a huge impact.
Also, Mississippi State a 2 seed, Maryland a 4 seed, and Notre Dame a 7 seed. Big Coaching changes for 2, plus big roster changes at Maryland, make all those seeds questionable.

Georgia returns a lot and adds a lot. Coombs will be a big piece of this years puzzle. Staiti played phenomenal down the stretch from the middle to the end of the schedule.

Georgia #8 seed, LSU #7, Tennessee #9. No, no, and NOPE. Tennessee will be higher than a 9 seed. Expecting great things next season!

I agree, Georgia has yet to prove to me that they are going to be consistently competitive under Taylor. They have some nice guard play but are weak in the post. Stati played better last season, but she would much prefer to hit the trail 3 than to bang in the block. Not gonna get it in the SEC.

LSU does return most of the better players again next year. I still think we will have a better team.

I envision we will be 3rd or 4th in the SEC. SC, Arkansas, Kentucky and MSST are probably bringing back the best rosters in the SEC. With the players Harper has added I am very excited. I don’t feel we have lost anything that hasn’t already been replaced with a better option. Aside from missing a back-up PG or smaller combo guard I think we have a better team than a year ago.

I really liked Jazz, but I am excited for Jordan to have an opportunity at being THE PG. I believe she is the kind of young woman who will respond positively to being the only option. She seems to like pressure, hopefully she comes back ready to be the floor general we need. We have been missing a PG that would just go get us a bucket for YEARS. I thought Cooper would be that for us. Then Hayes, then Westbrook, then Green. None of that ever panned out. I’m hopeful we will have 3 awesome years with Jordan at the point.

Last edited:
Georgia returns a lot and adds a lot. Coombs will be a big piece of this years puzzle. Staiti played phenomenal down the stretch from the middle to the end of the schedule.
Yes and they have my cousin who is a incoming freshman Zoe Smith and she is a scoring defensive nightmare. Hopefully her game will transition into college hoops well.

Reactions: Tyree02

I thought Staiti was much improved in the latter part of the season. She’s still too soft IMO to be their only real interior threat though. She did not perform well against teams with good size inside. She played very inspired the last 9 games of the season but she was all over the place before that.

She is really the only size they have aside from Bates at 6’2”. They will have a 5’11” freshman forward and Davenport the 6’4” transfer but I’m guessing she will have to sit.

Their guards have gotten worse and not better the last two seasons. I have a hard time believing that’s going to magically change. Lots of potential with Connelly, Morrison and Chapman. Haven’t put the puzzle together yet though.

I have to see how much our players have improved and like a lot of teams were one player away from a top 3 or 4 seed if everyone else is 20 percent better that returns.

Do you really see Coombs as an impact? She was woeful at UConn and seemed to regress from H.S. I think Georgia will be around 7th or 8th depends on what Joni does with what she returns. She had a good year a couple years ago and finished 3rd in the league but has been mediocre since.

In that one sentence you summed u p my feelings about why I am very optimistic about this upcoming year
Just to play devils advocate,

They replaced Jazz with Jordan. Certainly an upgrade in raw talent, but we don’t know yet if it’s an improvement in playing point guard. I hope Jordan takes care of the ball better.

With Jordan now at the point, who is playing the shooting guard? I would think no matter who that is, it’s a drop off from Horston.

Green appears to be primed to replace Lou. But how much of an improvement will that be? The competition she played against is not that great indicator of what she will bring to the table.

I believe it’s not the newcomers that will be the difference for Tennessee but the improvement in the returning players. There is great potential there in Key, Horston and Burrell. Enough to push the Lady Vols to the next level in their improvement.

They replaced Jazz with Jordan. Certainly an upgrade in raw talent, but we don’t know yet if it’s an improvement in playing point guard. I hope Jordan takes care of the ball better.

With Jordan now at the point, who is playing the shooting guard? I would think no matter who that is, it’s a drop off from Horston.

Green appears to be primed to replace Lou. But how much of an improvement will that be? The competition she played against is not that great indicator of what she will bring to the table.

I believe it’s not the newcomers that will be the difference for Tennessee but the improvement in the returning players. There is great potential there in Key, Horston and Burrell. Enough to push the Lady Vols to the next level in their improvement.
One of the things that intrigues me is the Lou to Green transition. Everyone loved Lou for her dedication, leadership and toughness. But the reality is Lou is not an SEC type athlete. Great kid, but playing on one leg. True it is hard to evaluate a kid playing in a different league but Green does have two operational legs so there is an improvement right there. It also looks like Green is fine mixing it up underneath. An elbow is an elbow be it attached to a Wofford player or a SC player. Green went right up through them. No disrespect to Lou but I am excited to see Green in Orange (did you see what I did right there, yuck,yuck).

Reactions: Bret178
One of the things that intrigues me is the Lou to Green transition. Everyone loved Lou for her dedication, leadership and toughness. But the reality is Lou is not an SEC type athlete. Great kid, but playing on one leg. True it is hard to evaluate a kid playing in a different league but Green does have two operational legs so there is an improvement right there. It also looks like Green is fine mixing it up underneath. An elbow is an elbow be it attached to a Wofford player or a SC player. Green went right up through them. No disrespect to Lou but I am excited to see Green in Orange (did you see what I did right there, yuck,yuck).
What you gain in elbows you lose in shooting beyond the arc. But Green has to play better defense than Lou played with her bad leg.

As my name indicates, I’m a b-ball nut and follow many of the top teams. Last season UConn fans were hoping that Evelyn Adebayo would help under the basket as UConn lacked size. She had great stats at Murray State where she started all 30 games. She was First Team All-OVC and All-Newcomer selection and led team with 18.2 points and 11.4 rebounds per game. She also set program's single-season record with 19 double-doubles and tied school record for consecutive double-doubles with seven. I’m sure you remember when she had a career-high 28 points at Tennessee.

My point is that she came to UConn and really struggled to even see the floor. It’s really a tough transition from a lower level school to the SEC. I hope Green does really well.

What you gain in elbows you lose in shooting beyond the arc. But Green has to play better defense than Lou played with her bad leg.

As my name indicates, I’m a b-ball nut and follow many of the top teams. Last season UConn fans were hoping that Evelyn Adebayo would help under the basket as UConn lacked size. She had great stats at Murray State where she started all 30 games. She was First Team All-OVC and All-Newcomer selection and led team with 18.2 points and 11.4 rebounds per game. She also set program's single-season record with 19 double-doubles and tied school record for consecutive double-doubles with seven. I’m sure you remember when she had a career-high 28 points at Tennessee.

My point is that she came to UConn and really struggled to even see the floor. It’s really a tough transition from a lower level school to the SEC. I hope Green does really well.
Undoubtedly you know a lot more than I do about basketball. Will miss Lou in many ways and so glad she is now a LVFL. Couple stats - she averaged 22 minutes per game, 4.6 rebounds pg and 4.6 points pg (weird they are the same). I do think if Green plays 22 minutes she will be a little more efficient. Honestly too, it hurt me to see Lou trying to maneuver with that leg. Looking forward to not worrying every time our power forward runs down the court.

Here's the way I see it
The three is not the weapon but it is a weapon.
given the team we have, I come out strong..strong on defense, strong on drives, strong on movement, strong on coaching,,,Give the starters a few uninterrupted minutes to set the tone, if they don't set the tone immediately, sub with purpose. (Find the weak player(s) and replace them quickly.

I see the starters as
Key
Horston
Davis
Burrell
KK/Green

KK or Green subs for Key or each other
McCoy for Burrell, then Marta or Darby,depending on whether we need an enforcer or a gunner
Rennie or Salary subs for Horston
Emily TBD based upon her off-season progress

This is my "right now" alignment
I have the entire preseason-practices and preseason games plus the "cupcake games" to determine changes in my thinking

Things and progresses I look for during those times:
Burrell-control
Rennie-nerve
KK-consistency
McCoy-continuation of confidence, growth in scoring
Emily-Passion
Green-ability to mesh
Marta, Darby, Salary-ability to play at this level (how quickly they can do this)

Undoubtedly you know a lot more than I do about basketball. Will miss Lou in many ways and so glad she is now a LVFL. Couple stats - she averaged 22 minutes per game, 4.6 rebounds pg and 4.6 points pg (weird they are the same). I do think if Green plays 22 minutes she will be a little more efficient. Honestly too, it hurt me to see Lou trying to maneuver with that leg. Looking forward to not worrying every time our power forward runs down the court.
I totally agree with it hurting to watch her move down the court sometimes. You really have to love the game to put yourself through that. I really don't know enough about Green to make predictions. I just know it's a tough transition.

Reactions: Lucy
I totally agree with it hurting to watch her move down the court sometimes. You really have to love the game to put yourself through that. I really don't know enough about Green to make predictions. I just know it's a tough transition.

This is where the biggest upgrade will come
Lou was smart, but not SEC level-mobile

Burrell, Green, Darby or Marta gives us more mobility than we had,, it is a matter of who wants that spot most

VN Store

Back