Chargers vs Jags question

orangetaz

I thought team with best record hosts playoff games. Chargers has a way better record so why is jags hosting?

I thought team with best record hosts playoff games. Chargers has a way better record so why is jags hosting?

Chargers have one more win, how’s that way better? Jags won the south though, so they host.

I’ve always disliked that rule. The Bucs get a home playoff game with a losing record because of this rule. That’s just awful.

Winning the division has to mean something. I’m all for getting rid of divisions. Take the top 7 teams and go from there.

Winning the division has to mean something. I’m all for getting rid of divisions. Take the top 7 teams and go from there.

I am in favor of getting rid of divisions. I’m also in favor of if you keep divisions, you automatically make the playoffs (so winning the division still means something) if you win your division, but I think the team with the better record should have home field advantage, and you should be seeded based on your record first. It’s ridiculous that an 8-9 team is hosting a 12-5 team. Absolutely terrible.

The NFL schedule already doesn’t make sense. This year the Titans played the Colts twice within 3 weeks.

That’s not the part I’m talking about. I’m referring to determining which teams play which other teams over a period of years (including the full “both teams playing at each site aspect).

Posted this in another thread, but just seed the playoff teams based on overall record. No sense in over complicating it. 4 division winners + 3 wild card teams automatically get in. Seed them all by overall record when they get there. It’s simple, keeps division titles relevant, and doesn’t shaft teams for playing in tough divisions.

VN Store

Back