Channel 6 (ABC)

I have spectrum al a cart type service. 25 a month all the local stuff plus 10 network channels.

You Tube TV....$55/month guys.
Not a bad deal but with high speed internet solo...total cost is close to what I pay now. And I have 7 TVs that are whole home DVR so I like that aspect as well. I’m close though....so close

I just cut the cord with Directv. Between the programming and DVRs in 4 rooms, the bill was $125 a month. Had negotiated a nice credit off that but it just expired. Converted to YoutubeTV for $50 a month. You get all the local channels plus all the ESPNs, SEC channel and Fox Sport South among about 30 cable channels. Big plus is unlimited DVR. You just need a smart TV with a YoutubeTV app or buy a Roku stick for $30 and attach to any HDMI connection on your TV. Highly recommend.
This will likely be the route I go when I finally do. Good advice here. Thanks!

I tried the antena deal but I never got much of a signal or enough channels. What would you do if the game is on ESPN or a cable channel?
Listen to it on the radio, then watch the coaches show on Sunday mornings. It’s what I have to do because I’m always in the hay field fall saturdays. Cut the cable years ago. Don’t miss it at all. Go my country self a big ol earl .

I'm a You Tuber also. Braves every day, SEC channel, all kinds of sports, all the locals. And you can record all you want and it goes somewhere up in the clouds. Truly amazin'. Blend that with my neighbor happily letting me borrow her Comcast internet (range extender helps) and I am good to go for $50 a month. I know, I'm lucky on the free internet.

Reactions: give_him 6
Dish is doing the same thing with our NBC affiliate here in Nashville. I'm contemplating punting Dish!
DirecTV also has ABC/Channel2 blacked out in Nashville. Pretty sure that as football season approaches & customers ramp up the complaints, things will get done.

I had Direct and channel 6 had been out for over a month so I cancelled this week. I've got Dish now and it's great.

Actually, with YouTube TV, you can add a "family member" to your account and share the costs.

If you are on month to month contract (and still wanna use their service), call the cable/satellite provider and say you wanna cancel. Tell them price is too high and now your fave programming is missing. Threaten to cord cut as well. You will get offers to stay. The 3rd one they give you should be decent...

If enough people threaten to cancel, it will be cheaper for the provider to carry..
Did this and got DirecTV down from $110 to $40 / month for a year. They said to call back in a year and they would do the same thing. Just mention you are thinking of switching to Dish and boom!

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
YOU GUYS ARE TERRIFYING ME.

I'd love to cut the cord, but scared to death I will never be able to figure out this brave new world. Reading through all this is starting to trigger my PTSD from Calculus I.

Last edited:
YOU TUBE TV is my favorite. About 75 channels. No CSpans, no shop at home, just regular tv channels. The most sports channels I have seen on any option without buying an additional package. About $50 per month + internet (I would prefer internet before TV if only one option) and if you are reading this you already have internet.
For folks that don't understand cord cutting, it is very simple. Don't be intimidated. Best Buy guys can give you directions very simply.

Reactions: NATHAN05
YouTube has unlimited DVR. I am thrilled with YouTube and unless there is a huge price jump compared to other options, I’ll probably never do anything different.
Not a bad deal but with high speed internet solo...total cost is close to what I pay now. And I have 7 TVs that are whole home DVR so I like that aspect as well. I’m close though....so close

I bought a Roku and first tried Sling TV in 2016, but the connection would flake out. Then got the PSVue app and the Core subscription. I use the absolute lowest speed Internet that Comcast offers and I stream on multiple TVs with kids playing online video games and have no issues almost all the time. I love it and it supports 4 simulataneous streams. I have also heard great things about YouTube TV.

Only thing that is concerning is that the price has gone up every year and is now $20 more than it was exactly 3 years ago. Only change has been the addition of the local channels which I can get with an antenna. I am afraid that the prices will continue to increase and make cable/satellite just as competitive from a price standpoint again.

With the way every network wants their own streaming site and will dismantle Hulu and Netflix in the process who knows in 5 years the best and cheapest option may be cable LOL

Reactions: Offset Eye

VN Store

Back