Changing of the guard: Insiders

ShoalCreekVol

Now that we have completely new leadership who are doing things an entirely different way, it's interesting to watch people from the past struggle for relevancy. Especially the state-run media. Certain reporters have relied on inside contacts that are suddenly either no longer there, or completely in the dark.

Over time, many of us have figured out who has real inside information and who does not. Going to be important to keep in mind that when this is all over, we'll have to start from scratch rebuilding that list.

Maybe this will go ahead and retire a few of these folks, and yes I'm looking at you Jimmy Hyans.

Now that we have completely new leadership who are doing things an entirely different way, it's interesting to watch people from the past struggle for relevancy. Especially the state-run media. Certain reporters have relied on inside contacts that are suddenly either no longer there, or completely in the dark.

Over time, many of us have figured out who has real inside information and who does not. Going to be important to keep in mind that when this is all over, we'll have to start from scratch rebuilding that list.

Maybe this will go ahead and retire a few of these folks, and yes I'm looking at you Jimmy Hyans.
This is more true than you know. It's actually kind of funny because everything they are putting out now is incorrect. Great analysis of the new situation.

Seems as though Mrs. Plowman took some good lessons from the past lady chancelor.She wasted no time jumping up and hiring the best available guy.Now lets see about how the coach hire goes!

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
All the "CONNECTED " media types are throwing names at a wall just like some posters are doing and hope one sticks. Just hoping they can seem as though they are still in the loop and have some inside info. I don't think more than a very select few know who the candidates are and none of them are in the media.

Been saying for a few days now that this thing actually looks like competent strategy and action.

I'm just not used to seeing UT do anything around the Athletic Department that looks competent or well planned. This is Twilight Zone stuff.

it was very obvious that the Fulmer AD era benefited a specific group, it will be interesting to see where things go to now. I agree that Wallace seems among the most plugged in but you have to admit that Tony B. also has a very close source now as well to what is going on as does our own AV. I do think the most connected hands down right now is user VolzOwn! that posts in the GQ on Volquest.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol

VN Store

Back