Change my mind

Joe Vols

I saw nothing tonight to make me think next year will be any different. 2 different kinds of athletes on the field tonight. 2 different prepared teams. 2 different kinds of execution. Too many lost battles one on one by our skill players. Too many lost battles on the field in general. The talent committing is still a grade below the talent committing to UGA, UF, UA, Bama, LSU, Clemson... etc... etc... We are no better off now than when Dooley was here. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that is the reality as I see it. Y'all may disagree, and I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think any of our QB's are second string on any of the aforementioned teams. Nor any of our RB's. Nor our receivers. Maybe Juann. Maybe some of our O linemen and a few defensive backs. Our freshmen LB's are going to great one day though.
Until the entire community of Knoxville get committed to having a winning program it won't happen. I mean everyone. KPD, the media, the business owners, the teachers, the public and most of all THE MEDIA (especially the sports media). Until everyone decides they are going to help recruit, retain, and help the players coming in we will continue lose the recruiting battles. There is a toxic environment in K town right now towards the program and it shows. It is hostile and it isn't just on the coaches or the AD. It's on the entire town.

Last edited:
I saw nothing tonight to make me think next year will be any different. 2 different kinds of athletes on the field tonight. 2 different prepared teams. 2 different kinds of execution. Too many lost battles one on one by our skill players. Too many lost battles on the field in general. The talent committing is still a grade below the talent committing to UGA, UF, UA, Bama, LSU, Clemson... etc... etc... We are no better off now than when Dooley was here. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that is the reality as I see it. Y'all may disagree, and I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think any of our QB's are second string on any of the aforementioned teams. Nor any of our RB's. Nor our receivers. Maybe Juann. Maybe some of our O linemen and a few defensive backs. Our freshmen LB's are going to great one day though.
Until the entire community of Knoxville get committed to having a winning program it won't happen. I mean everyone. KPD, the media, the business owners, the teachers, the public and most of all THE MEDIA (especially the sports media). Until everyone decides they are going to help recruit, retain, and help the players coming in we will continue lose the recruiting battles. There is a toxic environment in K town right now towards the program and it shows. It is hostile and it isn't just on the coaches or the AD. It's on the entire town.
This is it man.. there is a different level of commitment from other school admins, alumni and communities.. This post is the 1000% truth

KPD? Are you suggesting the police should look the other way on player's crimes to help the football team?
That's not what he is saying.. Let me ask you this.. Do you think if a young man within the football program at Bama UGA Clemson etc. had an outstanding citation resulting in a warrant for their arrest that their would be immediate communication to the AD?? Just curious and be honest

Who knows what can happen in a year. Half the league or more is not playing with the QB who started the season.

The thing that stinks is that every positive is also a negative.

The main thing a lot of people seem happy with is that they played hard.

We're in year 2, game 5, and it's an achievement to see them play hard

This is nonsense. I post a ton of complete nonsense and this tops anything I could ever dream of posting.

Are we seriously repeating same 30 threads every week. Because you see we have same talent and depth as uga. They rotated 36 kids on defense with 25 snaps or more this year we don't have than on our entire team. Just stop the nonsense

Agree with all except the KPD I would like to thank them for doing their job. It isn't their fault that Banks is a lost individual.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Who knows what can happen in a year. Half the league or more is not playing with the QB who started the season.

UGA covered a 24.5 spread and that’s a hard fought game? No it wasn’t. Tell me what you are seeing to make you think we close the gap on them next year? Recruiting? Coaching? Go to Tuscalossa, and watch the community working together to recruit and help the program. I promise you they are.

UGA covered a 24.5 spread and that’s a hard fought game? No it wasn’t. Tell me what you are seeing to make you think we close the gap on them next year? Recruiting? Coaching? Go to Tuscalossa, and watch the community working together to recruit and help the program. I promise you they are.

If that's your thing then hey.

Reactions: windrider
How in God's name do you see this as nonsense??
I mean everyone. KPD, the media, the business owners, the teachers, the public and most of all THE MEDIA (especially the sports media). Until everyone decides they are going to help recruit, retain, and help the players coming in we will continue lose the recruiting battles. There is a toxic environment in K town right now towards the program and it shows. It is hostile and it isn't just on the coaches or the AD. It's on the entire town.
THIS. Bordering on incomprehensible. Why would a business owner, a teacher, the KPD have any responsibility to 'help recruit, retain and help the players coming in.' If this doesn't sound crazy to you, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: vols40
KPD? Are you suggesting the police should look the other way on player's crimes to help the football team?

No. I don’t think they should. But you better believe the Gumps, Clemson, georgia, and the other top programs have the cops wired. And that’s what it takes these days.

Take a hike, jagoff.

That's not what he is saying.. Let me ask you this.. Do you think if a young man within the football program at Bama UGA Clemson etc. had an outstanding citation resulting in a warrant for their arrest that their would be immediate communication to the AD?? Just curious and be honest
B9316185851Z.1_20150209171142_000_G2G9TO9CI.1-0.jpg

Reactions: mpfvol
We have more disciplinary issues go public than the rest of the league combined. I can promise you, that we aren’t recruiting more thugs than anyone else. We have a toxic culture in Knoxville and it is killing the program. It isn’t the Haslam’s. It’s the community.

I think apathy has set in more than a toxic environment of the various factions of the city and community. Overall I agree with your post. I have heard our sports media defending JG for years because of his recruiting ranking and I never understood that approach. The kid does not have it, he has stars from HS but no football savvy. A top 5 recruiting class made up of the wrong players will not help, we need SEC quality players to fill in the roster and then we can worry about signing the marque top 5 recruiting classes. I have been burned on Butch Jones and Lane kiff's classes that jumped up into the top of the rankings that had huge holes and actually did more harm than good. We need SEC quality players 3 deep and we do not have that, not even close IMO

Yeah.. I'm not endorsing corruption.. frankly I'm just pointing out what would be competent oversight.. the scales of justice being tipped by money is the reality of the world we live in and I can assure that in Columbus Ohio, Tuscaloosa AL, Athens GA, etc. that there is not that level of disconnect between the community and the school

We have more disciplinary issues go public than the rest of the league combined. I can promise you, that we aren’t recruiting more thugs than anyone else. We have a toxic culture in Knoxville and it is killing the program. It isn’t the Haslam’s. It’s the community.
I'm sorry that football is more important to you than what's right. No one, no matter how talented they are at a sport, should have actual crimes swept under the rug. Just because it happens everywhere, including here, doesn't make it right.

Reactions: a vol n tears

VN Store

Back