Chaney - The QB Whisperer

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
So coming in, Mizzou was the #9 ranked defense in the country. Yes, they couldnt score but they shut down a lot of offenses. Give Chaney, Tee and the rest of the O staff a lot of credit. JG has made an INCREDIBLE turn around from game one like few players I have ever heard of. He is still no Tua but he is really leading the team. How the staff got him over being snakebit is a real credit to them and him. He really is the QB Whisper like nobody else

Chaney had a solid game plan though tonight and he flat out put it to them. But for some bad luck and mistakes here and there, we should have had 37 points on the board. Thats amazing against their D. Our receivers like Jennings and Calloway paid for it all night but made THEM pay for it in the end.

At the same time, I see that GA has scored less than 20 points in each of the last 6 games. Dont you think they are missing Chaney pretty bad about now? Lets not hear any more foolishness about GA "letting him go". That was a MASSIVE steal on Pruitt and Fulmer's part and I have real hope that in the next 3-5 years, Pruitt and Chaney can build something really special here.

Last edited:
No doubt UGA is missing Chaney. He’s pass happy, but he’s one of the best in the biz IMO.
I think he’s whatever his personnel call for. When he has Drew Brees or one of the country’s best WR corps, he’s pass happy. But his offenses at Georgia and especially Arkansas were very “ground and pound”

Our run game is hit and miss so im ok with passing more. I just want the team to play to win instead of not to lose.

Reactions: Tstormtrooper
No doubt UGA is missing Chaney. He’s pass happy, but he’s one of the best in the biz IMO.

I was excited to see them keep throwing it. JG was obviously in a groove, and JJ, Calloway, and Palmer were all 3 mismatches against the Missouri DBs.

No way to downplay how good Chaney has been this year.
throwing on 3rd down late in the 4th quarter sealed it.
I haven’t been this happy since we hired Dave Clawson!!!!

Reactions: onevol74 and Remy
He has certainly gotten the pulse of this team and put them in positions to win ball games. And all things considered, it hasn’t taken him that long to get the offense figured out.

My favorite thing......not laying on the ball late in the 4th qtr to play not to lose. I am ecstatic that we are seeking first downs and playing to win.

And in other news, Georgia's offense continues to look like complete crap. I'm sure they do miss Chaney

Between Weinke, Tee and Chaney, its got to be a QB's dream to get coached here. How many other teams have that much QB knowledge on staff? About the only way you could beat that is if Peyton or Brady were on staff somewhere (which will never happen of course).

Lol

Makes it seem illegal, Weinke, Tee, & Chaney all together like that.

If that group stays together......the QB development should be astounding.

I think he’s whatever his personnel call for. When he has Drew Brees or one of the country’s best WR corps, he’s pass happy. But his offenses at Georgia and especially Arkansas were very “ground and pound”

Agreed, he is calling plays for the strength of our Offense which is the WRs. At times I wish we run the ball more but can't complain about our recent results. 2 more games to go.

GBO.

Reactions: Vol49er
Between Weinke, Tee and Chaney, its got to be a QB's dream to get coached here. How many other teams have that much QB knowledge on staff? About the only way you could beat that is if Peyton or Brady were on staff somewhere (which will never happen of course).

Not to mention Peyton does drop in regularly.

VN Store

Back