Chaney must be a good hire... TideFans.com is salty

Jim Chaney leaves Georgia for UT

Most everyone commenting that it's an underwhelming hire... Chaney is a bum... Dawg fans are happy... Pruitt not making good hires... etc.

Clearly they haven't seen the 247Dawgs forum... they are pretty much stunned by Chaney's departure.

BAMA fans salty about our new hire... I'll TAKE IT!!

GBO

It really doesn't matter until Vanderbilt is upset, the Vols must learn to crawl before they walk
I wish Chaney all the luck in the world
Go Vols

Reactions: RollerVol
I watched today at work as the Gump fans and Clemson fans (neither of which should be allowed to reside in Knoxville) began speaking to one another again.

It was an interesting interaction. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Gumps cowed down with their tails between their legs.

The word on the street from Dawg fans are, "we didn't want him any way." To which they tried to keep him per several credible media sources during the "is he or is he not" going to UT unconfirmed period. Secondly, butthurt Dawg fans are also indicating, "we didn't want him or he was invited to leave" is supported by Smart releasing his new OC selection this morning since he was so prepped and kicked Chaney out the door, right?
Here's an interesting debate among Dawg fans that I found from before all this went down: I'm officially done with Jim Chaney. (RANT)

Seems odd to me with GA, being such a good team that they would totally dismiss a coach. I guess the old saying holds true, hurting people feel the need to hurt others. I would have loved for TN to be in the shape GA was this season. I'm thrilled Chaney is now on staff!

Last edited:
Reactions: ValleyAlVol
Jim Chaney leaves Georgia for UT

Most everyone commenting that it's an underwhelming hire... Chaney is a bum... Dawg fans are happy... Pruitt not making good hires... etc.

Clearly they haven't seen the 247Dawgs forum... they are pretty much stunned by Chaney's departure.

BAMA fans salty about our new hire... I'll TAKE IT!!

GBO
What's funny is Chaney had their azz beat and Kirby called a fake punt when he should have punted.

He was making $950k at UGA. UT gave him nearly a 60% raise. That's equivalent to you making 100k/yr at your job, and another employer offered you 160k/yr., would you think it's because of other reasons or the money in that scenario?... Regarding Pittman, he's the best o-line coach and recruiter in the nation, Chaney doesn't really recruit, UGA will back up the Brinks truck for Pittman.

Yes I think to a certain extent the money was a factor, but the way Smart acts on the sideline I can only assume he’s either the same or worse behind closed doors.

Maybe Chaney got tired of it, he did give them a chance to counter, they supposedly did once but after that UT threw more money out there. It also helps that his daughter still goes to UT and he likes the area and supposedly still has a house in the area.

There are a lot of factors than just money

Talking to a friend of mine who is a Georgia fan last night I said to him "Hey what do you think about UT getting Chaney from your Dogs?" Reply: "Yall can have him Georgia did not want him anyway if they would have they would have tried to keep him." LOl

Reactions: RollerVol
Nobody is salty outside of Tenn. Most Vols fans always try to see something thats not there. I've seen enough BOOMS on this sight past few years I figured we would be 15-0 this year. Never seen any other fan base so gullible/delusional. Good hire but let's see how he does.

Ok, I lurk on other teams boards but never post. If you think our fan base is the only ones that act like this, you really must get out of the basement. Not only are most fan bases like that, they don't even need to be SEC. I live in MD and their forums are just as rich. The back and forth between MD and Penn State and OSU and MSU are on par or more delusional than ours sometimes. They're people of the land, the common clay of the new west, You know... Sports fans (Shout out to Mel Brooks).

I read each post... point is they're clearly irrationally justifying that it's a bad hire, which equates to them being salty about it. It's equivalent to GA fans saying the didn't want him anyway which is code for we're pissed he left. Are you dense?

Sort of like telling your wife "hey LITTLE darling looking GOOD" but what your really saying is go put some makeup on and lay off the cake .

Chaney is a good coach and if you actually read the forums on the Junkyard you would have seen how most of us don't really care that Chaney left as long as Pittman stayed at UGA...which he is doing. Still shocked at the $$ y'all threw at Chaney...damn.
Yeah I'd like to know why they offered that much. Just curious.

Talking to a friend of mine who is a Georgia fan last night I said to him "Hey what do you think about UT getting Chaney from your Dogs?" Reply: "Yall can have him Georgia did not want him anyway if they would have they would have tried to keep him." LOl

I guess he missed where they offered Chaney more money to stay but then UT offered even more. Confirmed on Atlanta ESPN radio.

Reactions: Buddr
Who cares what UGA fans care about? If Smart thought Chaney wasn't good, why wasn't he telling him to hit the door and why was he trying to outbid use for him? Fans don't know how to coach.

Let's look at your last 2 years. A few loses to Bama, and an argument could be made that the defense lost those games. A Texas bowl game that UGA didn't want to play in and Fromm missed wide open WR's the whole game. An Auburn loss that UGA avenged in the SEC championship game. The only outlier is probably is this years LSU game who finished 10-3.

You may not care now, but if a guy comes in and stinks it up next year and Fromm takes a step back it will be second guessed. Just like it will be if Chaney stinks it up here next 3 years.

PS: I do wish we could have stolen Pittman too.
stolen?

VN Store

Back