Chaney must be a good hire... TideFans.com is salty

When Saban took the LSU job, he sent a plane to Michigan State to bring his assistant coaches to Baton Rouge. It came back empty. Clemson is where they are because Dabo uses Saban's principles BUT is a great guy to work for. Hopefully we've got the same type of guy in Pruitt. We'll see in about 2 more years.

hate to say it but I believe Dabo has a lot more friendliness energy than what I have seen out of Pruitt so far - I like Pruitt don't get me wrong but he seems like he's always on little sleep

then again if I coached the vols I prob would be too

He was making $950k at UGA. UT gave him nearly a 60% raise. That's equivalent to you making 100k/yr at your job, and another employer offered you 160k/yr., would you think it's because of other reasons or the money in that scenario?... Regarding Pittman, he's the best o-line coach and recruiter in the nation, Chaney doesn't really recruit, UGA will back up the Brinks truck for Pittman.

I understand the economics and I understand your viewpoint. We will probably never know, but I have a belief that there is more to this particular move than money.

Last edited:
D

Did you read any of it? None of them seem salty or concerned. I DNGAF what they think but this is nonsense.

I read each post... point is they're clearly irrationally justifying that it's a bad hire, which equates to them being salty about it. It's equivalent to GA fans saying the didn't want him anyway which is code for we're pissed he left. Are you dense?

I read each post... point is they're clearly irrationally justifying that it's a bad hire, which equates to them being salty about it. It's equivalent to GA fans saying the didn't want him anyway which is code for we're pissed he left. Are you dense?
They seemed more unconcerned. Like he’s average. Not terrible. You are seeing what you want to see. It’s dumb.

I have spoken to a few GA fans today. Most seem not worried. A few were pissed. I like the hire but I promise you no one in Athens or Tuscaloosa is scared over it. Nor should they be.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Jim Chaney leaves Georgia for UT

Most everyone commenting that it's an underwhelming hire... Chaney is a bum... Dawg fans are happy... Pruitt not making good hires... etc.

Clearly they haven't seen the 247Dawgs forum... they are pretty much stunned by Chaney's departure.

BAMA fans salty about our new hire... I'll TAKE IT!!

GBO

Chaney is a good coach and if you actually read the forums on the Junkyard you would have seen how most of us don't really care that Chaney left as long as Pittman stayed at UGA...which he is doing. Still shocked at the $$ y'all threw at Chaney...damn.

Don't
TideFans.com Official Snack Food.

49899588_2055278554525846_4463626714638974976_n.jpg

Don't worry about Bama. They have a secret weapon. BUTCH

Chaney is a good coach and if you actually read the forums on the Junkyard you would have seen how most of us don't really care that Chaney left as long as Pittman stayed at UGA...which he is doing. Still shocked at the $$ y'all threw at Chaney...damn.

Who cares what UGA fans care about? If Smart thought Chaney wasn't good, why wasn't he telling him to hit the door and why was he trying to outbid use for him? Fans don't know how to coach.

Let's look at your last 2 years. A few loses to Bama, and an argument could be made that the defense lost those games. A Texas bowl game that UGA didn't want to play in and Fromm missed wide open WR's the whole game. An Auburn loss that UGA avenged in the SEC championship game. The only outlier is probably is this years LSU game who finished 10-3.

You may not care now, but if a guy comes in and stinks it up next year and Fromm takes a step back it will be second guessed. Just like it will be if Chaney stinks it up here next 3 years.

PS: I do wish we could have stolen Pittman too.

Reactions: tnvols72
Seems like there is Very Little loyalty to Saban among his Coordinators??? They seem to Run at first offer!

Judging from his raging and cursing on the sidelines in public, he must be a Nightmare to work for in Private!!
I was just talking to my wife about that. Who wants to be yelled at more often times than not. It loses it's effectiveness after a while. Compare and contrast him with Dabo. You can tell those young men love to play for him.

Ummm maybe when Pruitt was on staff at Ga with Chaney, maybe he realized how good Chaney’s offense was because his defense was playing against it everyday. Probably him and or Fulmer reached out through back channels after Helton left and didn’t tell anyone else!

Just a side note on why a bunch on VN are butt hurt about not knowing!

In Pruitt and Fulmer I trust the rest can GTFO!

Welcome back coach Chaney and Go Damn Vols!

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Ummm maybe when Pruitt was on staff at Ga with Chaney, maybe he realized how good Chaney’s offense was because his defense was playing against it everyday. Probably him and or Fulmer reached out through back channels after Helton left and didn’t tell anyone else!

In Pruitt and Fulmer I trust the rest can GTFO if you’re not supporting them!

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Nope, check any other board. Most are unimpressed with this hire. Only UT fans think it's some great hire. Can't understand.

Nope, check any other board. Most are unimpressed with this hire. Only UT fans think it's some great hire. Can't understand.

You find that one knowledgeable Dawg fan and he sees that losing Chaney is an issue... The rest of the dumb ass rednecks needed someone to blame... I hope they name Coley as their next OC.

I think you saw the first crack in Smarts tenure on Athens with this hire... It's a good one and Chaney knows how to adapt.

Despite whatever Chaney is to UGA or Alabama he is an upgrade for Tennessee.

Yup, don't think you could disagree with that. Unfortunately not on Bama's level yet and can worry yet about getting an optimal hire. Just need to get back to decent, then we can look for an elite OC.

Reactions: Jack Burton
You find that one knowledgeable Dawg fan and he sees that losing Chaney is an issue... The rest of the dumb ass rednecks needed someone to blame... I hope they name Coley as their next OC.

I think you saw the first crack in Smarts tenure on Athens with this hire... It's a good one and Chaney knows how to adapt.

Not talking UGA. Check UF, Bama, USC, nobody gets the hire and they're afraid UGA may actually open up the offense IF they avoid Coley or some other defensive hire. UGA has a ton of weapons. If they ever get a progressive OC, look out.

In Pruitt and Fulmer I trust the rest can GTFO if you’re not supporting them!

Doncha think that may have went the other way? Pruitt & Chaney had that relationship no doubt. But the dominos of speculation fall a little easier if Chaney was looking to exit UGA and head back to Rocky Top. Called an old frined like Mathews maybe, put a bug in his ear that he'd seriously entertain it if it came his way. Next thing you know Pruitt and Fulmer are making it happen, Pruitt midway thru our season lets Helton know he needs to look elsewhere and he does and that shoe falls. Everything lined up for Chaney including a couple of diversions, UGA gets their beatdown with Texas over with and starts packing and has accepted an offer abiout a week later. Meanwhile VN freaking out between Helton's exit and Chaney coming onboard because Pruitt wasn't getting an OC in place. Chances are Pruitt knew it was going to be Chaney around Halloween.

In Pruitt and Fulmer I trust the rest can GTFO!

And what year was Pruitt with GA when Chaney was?

D

Did you read any of it? None of them seem salty or concerned. I DNGAF what they think but this is nonsense.
I agree. I thought “salty” meant bothered or agitated. Those posted sounded happy and unconcerned.

Nobody is salty outside of Tenn. Most Vols fans always try to see something thats not there. I've seen enough BOOMS on this sight past few years I figured we would be 15-0 this year. Never seen any other fan base so gullible/delusional. Good hire but let's see how he does.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back