Chaney must be a good hire... TideFans.com is salty

Seems like there is Very Little loyalty to Saban among his Coordinators??? They seem to Run at first offer!

Judging from his raging and cursing on the sidelines in public, he must be a Nightmare to work for in Private!!

When Saban took the LSU job, he sent a plane to Michigan State to bring his assistant coaches to Baton Rouge. It came back empty. Clemson is where they are because Dabo uses Saban's principles BUT is a great guy to work for. Hopefully we've got the same type of guy in Pruitt. We'll see in about 2 more years.

Reactions: shadedvolorange
After reading these two pages, has no one wondered why a couch leave a program that is "up" like Ga. is at this time, for a program with no really good QB in the system (that we have seen) an offensive line that is likely 2-3 years from being really deep and really good. What mindset allows a coach to make this move? The only thing I can think of is money.

After reading these two pages, has no one wondered why a couch leave a program that is "up" like Ga. is at this time, for a program with no really good QB in the system (that we have seen) an offensive line that is likely 2-3 years from being really deep and really good. What mindset allows a coach to make this move? The only thing I can think of is money.

Or he hated his boss; I've made that move before and even taken a bit less money.

You know, there are a lot of people out there who relish an opportunity to build something...how wonderful will it be once Chaney has the opportunity to look at UT's offense in a year or two or three and think "I feel pretty darn good about what we have built here at the University of Tennessee"?

Seems like there is Very Little loyalty to Saban among his Coordinators??? They seem to Run at first offer!

Judging from his raging and cursing on the sidelines in public, he must be a Nightmare to work for in Private!!

They both turned down other offers. Smart took the job at GA, his alma mater, and Pruitt at an SEC school with resources that could in time bring back a real winner. Also, both stayed with Saban through the NC game though they were hired by their universities several weeks earlier.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

Money helps. It’s established that Chaney likes the area anyway.

He's been @ UT before and knows exactly what is on the horizon and with a better coach and AD than his last stint. One could guess he compared with his stint in Athens and decided on Knoxville. The extra money is icing on the cake. He looks like he couldn't eat anymore than the status quo anyway :D.

Reactions: savannahfan
aqbr3V1.gif

CJC loves east tennessee. the money helps... Kirby Smart being a prick helps too.

Last edited:
Since the details of his contract are coming out, you can see that it was because of money.

But they are planning on paying Pittman 1.5 million which is close enough too Chaney's reported UT salary that it makes me think that he had other reasons too.

Since the details of his contract are coming out, you can see that it was because of money.

Also no state income tax. The majority of his salary was being hit with a 6% state tax. Not sure what his write offs were but he’ll realize an annual savings of around $75,000

But they are planning on paying Pittman 1.5 million which is close enough that Chaney's reported UT salary that it makes me think that he had other reasons too.
He was making $950k at UGA. UT gave him nearly a 60% raise. That's equivalent to you making 100k/yr at your job, and another employer offered you 160k/yr., would you think it's because of other reasons or the money in that scenario?... Regarding Pittman, he's the best o-line coach and recruiter in the nation, Chaney doesn't really recruit, UGA will back up the Brinks truck for Pittman.

Maybe it's a job security issue. There have already been Rumblings of dissatisfaction with Chaney's performance, and he could be fired at any time. With the lower expectations at UT, he has and almost guaranteed 3 years of a very well paying job.

Reactions: savannahfan
D
Jim Chaney leaves Georgia for UT

Most everyone commenting that it's an underwhelming hire... Chaney is a bum... Dawg fans are happy... Pruitt not making good hires... etc.

Clearly they haven't seen the 247Dawgs forum... they are pretty much stunned by Chaney's departure.

BAMA fans salty about our new hire... I'll TAKE IT!!

GBO

Did you read any of it? None of them seem salty or concerned. I DNGAF what they think but this is nonsense.

VN Store

Back