Chance at an 8 win season

I think we’ll land at 4-8 due to attrition with injuries, maybe 5-7. Vandy and S. Alabama are the only Ws I see left. Possibly one of Mizzou or SC if we have everyone healthy and we get a few bounces that go our way.

We just can’t seem to get out of our own way with penalties and missed execution. Projecting things to magically “click” this season is asinine.

if you guys think you are just going to walk over south alabama, you are not only mistaken, you will lose. They can beat you.

Reactions: wmcovol
Disagree.

I thought we had a chance at 8-4 before the season, however offensive play is not at the level that I expected it to be. Needed to win Pitt to go 8-4.

How they play this week against Missouri will determine if I think they win more than 4 games this season.

if you guys think you are just going to walk over south alabama, you are not only mistaken, you will lose. They can beat you.

South Alabama has a decent QB in Jake Bentley (yes, that Jake Bentley). But come man, they needed a last second FG just to beat a Bowling Green team that we dominated from start to finish. No reason we shouldn't roll South Alabama by 20+.

South Alabama has a decent QB in Jake Bentley (yes, that Jake Bentley). But come man, they needed a last second FG just to beat a Bowling Green team that we dominated from start to finish. No reason we shouldn't roll South Alabama by 20+.
. Jake Bentley must be pushing 30 now

Reactions: gasguy98
I think it depends on how healthy we get and remain. We can get there with Hooker and no injuries to key players like Theo, an OL, Baron, etc. We simply do not have the depth yet to replace them. Hooker is the most important player...without him we go from potential 8-4 to 4-8

Looking at the schedule and how we performed against Florida I think the POTENTIAL is there for 8 wins. Probably won't happen but it is there.
Anyone disagree?

Looks more like a 4-5 win season with the players we currently have

Reactions: CJBlaze
Major Applewhite will turn Jake Bentley, and that crew of redneck riviera athletes that florida and alabama didnt have room for into world beaters.

I think a reasonable peak (with some breaks from injury/game perspective) is 7-5. If you combine that with a favorable bowl match up, maybe you get to 8.

This still looks like a 5 or 6 win team, at best.

Reactions: McDad
Looking at the schedule and how we performed against Florida I think the POTENTIAL is there for 8 wins. Probably won't happen but it is there.
Anyone disagree?
I do now.
Going into the season i felt like of we stsrted 3-0 then 8 or 9 was a possibility. Now...i think 7 is probably as good as its going to get.

VN Store

Back