Chaisson

a newspaper article in the tennessean a few days ago said chaisson would be willing to move to wide receiver if he didnt find a home at quarterback. it worked well with jermaine copeland...

I have seen BJ play 3 times this year and I don't see Chisson being above him His weight would still be an issue for QB. I can see him as a WR. I'm sold on BJ that he can be a top SEC QB but he will need a Red Shirt year. He has the tools but a year of RS will bring him along and give him that extra year. He will still be behind Crompton till he finishes.

What is the big deal with Chaisson. I have heard a lot of talk about him. Is he that good of a QB prospect, or does he have the potential to develop into a big time WR?

I don't think we take him. I think we land Berry and/or Cadet and tell Chaisson to look elsewhere. The other two are just as good, if not better, at QB and are loads faster than Chaisson.

I saw his films and he looks to have decent speed as a HS QB in Texas. I wouldn't call him a great athlete at QB though, which is not good considering his size and I also wasn't impressed with his throwing. He led the offense well, though. I'd take Travaris Cadet anyday over Chaisson.

"That 40 time is not accurate and is nowhere near indicative of his speed on the field."

are you serious? so you're saying that 40 times have no meaning? tell that to the NFL and every college coach in the country

Did you read my post? I didnt say it has "no meaning" but I said first of all the time rivals has listed is not accurate. He is probably in the 4.6 range. Not a blazer, but not slow. And I said a 40 time is not indicative of speed on the field. They are not the same thing and game speed is much more important.

And, from what I have seen I would rather have Cadet as well.

So this guy's probably not fast or strong enough to play WR is he?

From what I have seen, not really. If he turned out to be a WR he would be more of a possesion reciever. I think if he did not play QB a move to defense might be just as likely as a move to WR. But he needs to mature and add weight to be any kind of a factor.

For what it's worth, Chaisson ran a 4.7 40 at the Nike Combine he attended, but his shuttle was slightly better than Cadet's.

I think his quickness is better than his straight line speed. But they have said that at combines and camps he has ran in the low 4.6 range. I think one was 4.62. That is not slow, but not top tier SEC. Especially not at WR. I do not think UT takes him in the end. Especially with the way our season is going. Recruiting picking up a lot. We will have better players to take.

VN Store

Back