CFP projects TN to suck...

People love setting themselves up for disappointment. 6-6 this year will be a win for the program and a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
We get the joy of both youth and lack of depth on the lines. Deja Boo. The skill players and Butch ' s scheme better bring their bailing buckets or we are screwed. I'm most worried about QB play.

When the game is on I'll be full homer as usual but I'm done with the pie in the sky off season crap. CBJ is a good coach but again we have issue and we still play in the toughest conference in the land. We shall see but the whole team has to improve. I saw skill player issues last year more so than line issues. Could be reversed this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Wishful thinking

Take a hint at what coaches say and tweet

When you hear, "We are a young team"

'We will be one on the youngest teams in the country on both sides of the ball"

They are dropping hints that we shouldn't expect too much

Not saying you're wrong but I'm old enough to remember Bear Bryant, Shug Jordan and even Spurrier when he was at Florida poor mouthing their teams constantly before the season started. If you took the Bear at his word alabubba would have never won a game. Let's line up and play, then we will see.

When the game is on I'll be full homer as usual but I'm done with the pie in the sky off season crap. CBJ is a good coach but again we have issue and we still play in the toughest conference in the land. We shall see but the whole team has to improve. I saw skill player issues last year more so than line issues. Could be reversed this year.
I believe that is what will be happening when the season begins. I think the Butch will instill discipline and toughness in his players and with the highly ranked talent coming in that can only be a recipe for success.

Yeah... because Lord forbid that a UT fan have expectations that their coaches would actually do their jobs and coach a team up, right?

Crowder... is not poor talent. In fact, I would not be surprised to see him drafted in two years. He's not much of a drop off if any from Stone.

Marcus Jackson is very likely to be drafted.

Kerbyson has the size and athleticism to work his way into the draft... he replaces a guy who was not drafted.

Thomas like James before him is likely to be drafted. Freshmen who DO beat out upperclassmen often are. FWIW, James came in very good, started as a Fr, and didn't change that much over his UT career before being drafted.

Randolph, Worley, Lane, Pig, AJ, Maggitt, Saulsberry,... all poor talents, right?

The most pathetic kind of fan is one who is so afraid of disappointment that they insist on setting the bar lower than it should be. They excuse failure in advance because they expect failure.

Win or lose, Jones doesn't seem to have that attitude. Win or lose, he's better than fans like you deserve.

so your going with 5 wins too ? :hi: maybe 6

Wishful thinking

Take a hint at what coaches say and tweet

When you hear, "We are a young team"

'We will be one on the youngest teams in the country on both sides of the ball"

They are dropping hints that we shouldn't expect too much

If you are going to use these for excuses don't even field a team and just shut the program down. pure crap. We have heard these excuses since the first team took the field. The problem with these excuses is they are used as an excuse to hide poor coaching and undisciplined players. they have used these excuses to setup society to be the way it is today and have taught many a kids that it's ok to be a loser you'll get ice cream and a trophy anyway. No it's not ok. Win or go home.

I think a middle of the road, nothing special coach would get six wins out of this team this year. We will be more talented than Utah State, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt. Only one of those games is away from Neyland, and none of them are outside the state of TN.
There's also no reason a good coach shouldn't also be able to beat FL at home.

As others have said, imo anything less than six wins should be reason for concern. Less than six wins likely means you lost to a less talented team (and unless it's Vandy that would be a home loss) and failed to beat any team with equal or greater talent. Coming off of last year's on-the-field results, a second season with that as the takeaway would not be promising.
That being said, I think we get to seven with the six obvious and a win against at least one of FL, Ole Miss, or Georgia.

The bolded is exactly where I am

If you are going to use these for excuses don't even field a team and just shut the program down. pure crap. We have heard these excuses since the first team took the field. The problem with these excuses is they are used as an excuse to hide poor coaching and undisciplined players. they have used these excuses to setup society to be the way it is today and have taught many a kids that it's ok to be a loser you'll get ice cream and a trophy anyway. No it's not ok. Win or go home.

Good gracious stay away from kids ages 1-8 please.

Reactions: 2 people
I get tired of so called Vol fans putting Coach Fulmer down. He produced winner after, one being a national championship. Several Eastern championships. Also conference championships. I would like someone to explain what has happened since . I do think Coach Jones will turn it around. But quit dragging Coach Fulmer through the quagmire, he done lots for UT and he is a Vol through and through. What did Dooley and that piece of crap that is at Alabama do. O O .

Having the deep threats at WR is going to make everybody's job on offense easier. To me the key on D is going to be the secondary being in the right position and taking good angles.

I get tired of so called Vol fans putting Coach Fulmer down. He produced winner after, one being a national championship. Several Eastern championships. Also conference championships. I would like someone to explain what has happened since . I do think Coach Jones will turn it around. But quit dragging Coach Fulmer through the quagmire, he done lots for UT and he is a Vol through and through. What did Dooley and that piece of crap that is at Alabama do. O O .

I would say that even though we've been down there has been hope for improvement and a little excitement and a little different stink to the whole thing. Fulmer's stink was getting stale.

Please direct me to all the anti Fulmer posts you're referring to.

I can recall tebow as a freshman, johnny football with a not so good defense, Winston last year with the noles, and countless others over the years who made an immediate gamechanging impact . Not just the qb, but other positions as well. Who knows if we don't have that kid right now? I've watched enough football to know one great player can make the whole team play better. Why not us? You never know!

I can recall tebow as a freshman, johnny football with a not so good defense, Winston last year with the noles, and countless others over the years who made an immediate gamechanging impact . Not just the qb, but other positions as well. Who knows if we don't have that kid right now? I've watched enough football to know one great player can make the whole team play better. Why not us? You never know!

Tebow as a freshman only came in on 3rd - 4th and one... :) Chris Leak was the starting qb Tebow's freshman year and took 95% of the snaps... :)

VN Store

Back