CFP contenders last night…

You could not leave out an undefeated TCU..
9-0 with a couple of be games left.

The committee heavily rewarded our strength of schedule and strength of record; that does not disappear in one night. In fact, both were bolstered even further by playing yet another undefeated, ranked team—this time the defending champions on the road.

Whatever TCU needs to do to disrupt that, it’s not trailing late into another game against another unranked opponent like yesterday. Committee is surveying the body of work so far, and that’s not likely to change.

following Tennessee’s loss…

Clemson: “Hold my beer.”

Alabama: “Watch this…”

TCU: “Please do not watch this.”

Ohio State: “Omg you guys are playing, like, really
good teams. You’re doing a great job.”

☺️🤪🍊

Tennessee has a legit shot at making the playoffs still with the LSU upset of Bama and Clemson getting killed by Notre Dame.

Rankings now will be:
Ga
Ohio st
Michigan
TCU
Tennessee at 5 as the best 1 loss team.
Oregon

Ohio st and Michigan play each other so 1 of them is gone. I don't think TCU runs the table. It will come down who has the best resume with 1 loss and right now that Tennessee.

You could not leave out an undefeated TCU..
9-0 with a couple of be games left.
With Clemson losing TCU might not matter anymore. If you have undefeated UGA and undefeated Ohio State (they’ll beat Michigan) and then have 2 spots to fill amongst these teams it will be a huge mess:

12-1 Clemson (conference champ)
12-1 Oregon (conference champ)
12-1 TCU (conference champ)
11-1 UT
11-1 Michigan

Now, I promise you this isn’t what it will look like. Every year these discussions happen and then more upsets occur. Granted, I’m
Including a TCU loss already but there will be more craziness than that before it’s over. If the above does happen though I think Oregon and UT make it.

With Clemson losing TCU might not matter anymore. If you have undefeated UGA and undefeated Ohio State (they’ll beat Michigan) and then have 2 spots to fill amongst these teams it will be a huge mess:

12-1 Clemson (conference champ)
12-1 Oregon (conference champ)
12-1 TCU (conference champ)
11-1 UT
11-1 Michigan

Now, I promise you this isn’t what it will look like. Every year these discussions happen and then more upsets occur. Granted, I’m
Including a TCU loss already but there will be more craziness than that before it’s over. If the above does happen though I think Oregon and UT make it.

If this scenario happens I think it will be
1 GA
2 OSU
3 TENN
4 OREGON

This will be imho, the 4 best teams. Plus ESPN would love a rematch of GA/OR and a OSU/TN match up! And the fans of these schools would pack the stadiums!
But if TCU wins out.....who knows....

Unfortunately, I think they’d take a 1 loss conference champ (Clemson USC/Oregon) over a 1 loss Vols team that didn’t win their division. It sucks, but prob reality. Tuesday will tell a lot. Need to be top 5 still.

If this scenario happens I think it will be
1 GA
2 OSU
3 TENN
4 OREGON

This will be imho, the 4 best teams. Plus ESPN would love a rematch of GA/OR and a OSU/TN match up! And the fans of these schools would pack the stadiums!
But if TCU wins out.....who knows....
Yes that’s the “best” teams but will they do that Vs 1 loss conference champs?

Oregon won’t make it over UT, they were embarrassed by Georgia. TCU or a one loss USC might if they win the PAC 12. UT has to win out and the SC game is no gimme

Oregon still plays a ranked Utah and Oregon St team. If they run the table and won PAC 12 championship game, then they will be in the playoffs imo.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Yes that’s the “best” teams but will they do that Vs 1 loss conference champs?

I mean, they should. They are tasked with getting the 4 best teams for the playoff, not the 4 best conference champions. TCU if they win out will add 3(?) more ranked teams to their win column, and that is probably enough to sneak in. Every other conference potential champion will have both a worse loss than the Vols, and a worse overall SoS.

Oregon still plays a ranked Utah and Oregon St team. If they run the table and won PAC 12 championship game, then they will be in the playoffs imo.

Oregon has 2 rivalry games remaining Washington at home and OSU in Cornvalley, plus Utah at home. If they win those three, which will not be easy, they likely get USC or UCLA in the championship game. If they win out they deserve to be in the playoffs. And yes, that's a big "IF"

Oregon has 2 rivalry games remaining Washington at home and OSU in Cornvalley, plus Utah at home. If they win those three, which will not be easy, they likely get USC or UCLA in the championship game. If they win out they deserve to be in the playoffs. And yes, that's a big "IF"

Not if it's between Oregon and UT, sorry. Our resume blows the Duck's resume out of the water.

As long as Tenn wins out (and just for safety let’s win comfortably- which we will) Tenn will be the third spot.
UGA
OSU
Tenn
Ore/TCU

I mean, they should. They are tasked with getting the 4 best teams for the playoff, not the 4 best conference champions. TCU if they win out will add 3(?) more ranked teams to their win column, and that is probably enough to sneak in. Every other conference potential champion will have both a worse loss than the Vols, and a worse overall SoS.
No they will not if Tennessee is the 4th team and only loss is to conference champ and number 1 GA

No they will not if Tennessee is the 4th team and only loss is to conference champ and number 1 GA

We will agree to disagree. Hopefully TN wins out and Oregon (and USC) drops one so we don’t leave it to chance.

There's a very good possibility that TCU drops 2 games before seasons end. They still have to play Texas and Baylor on the road. USC still has to play UCLA and Notre Dame and could easily lose at least one of those games.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back