CFN Projects the Vols ranked 25th in the coaches poll

How did losing to BYU affect the Kentucky and Bowl games?
Also how to finish. If you know about football and you are a vols fan then you saw they got better. If they could play again the vols win both games. You have to see this everyone improved but our QB and that will get fixed.

So? They didn't lose an FCS team. As much as yall want to pretend the Ga State game didnt happen, it did, and that factors into things like this ranking.
no it doesn't nor should it. hell, they lost to miss st. should miss st be ranked ahead of ky then? u and them need to get over ga st

Reactions: rocytop2624
Surprised really but I will take it. Other coaches are high on Pruitt and this staff
Other coaches just know exactly what CJP had to go through to get to this point. This wasnt a Kirby takeover for Richt kinda gig.

Yeah but they were dominated by 4-8 SCAR who we beeotch-slapped!
They also received an arse whippin from MissSt who we spanked.
They were only 3-5 in SEC; we were 5-3.
South Carolina beat Georgia...Georgia murdered Tennessee...

SoCar out of conference losses werent nearly as bad as Tennessees either.

no it doesn't nor should it. hell, they lost to miss st. should miss st be ranked ahead of ky then? u and them need to get over ga st
Lol. Just because you and others want to forget about Ga State doesn't mean it didn't happen. So much gnashing of teeth here over why a poll projection has a team UT barely beat ahead of them. Its almost like objective and critical thinking is pushed to the side in the name of fandom. I'd say be happy that anyone even thinks UT should be ranked.

Lol. Just because you and others want to forget about Ga State doesn't mean it didn't happen. So much gnashing of teeth here over why a poll projection has a team UT barely beat ahead of them. Its almost like objective and critical thinking is pushed to the side in the name of fandom. I'd say be happy that anyone even thinks UT should be ranked.
Nah, you are just a contrarian looking for attention.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Ending up 25th after the start of the season is a miracle of biblical proportions. These guys finally showed some real guts and determination that were completely absent against GA State and BYU. This kind of turnaround would never have occurred under Butch Jones. I remain in a "wait and see" mode regarding Coach Pruitt, but the way that he led the team to the end (a six game win streak and bowl victory) make me cautiously optimistic about the future. It looks like we have a real football coach on our hands now. GO VOLS!

Nobody here has forgotten the Ga State loss, or BYU or any other loss. I've already stated I don't think the Vols will be ranked in the final Coach's poll or AP poll.

But, as already mentioned in this thread, the Vols (1) beat UK on their turf, (2) beat Miss State and USC convincingly while UK lost to these same two teams convincingly, and (3) finished 5-3 in the SEC to UK's 3-5. And (3b), the Vols and UK played the same teams in the SEC except the Vols played Bama while UK narrowly beat Arkansas.

I think the Vols should be ranked ahead of UK based on the above. I don't recall if you stated UK should be ranked ahead of the Vols, but if you believe that, you might want to give reasons.

Different scope, this season will mostly be remembered for the Ga State loss, the team pulling itself upright, and the 6 game winning streak against average competition at the end. Not a great season, but a team that stuck together and improved.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
I'm not sure how they put UK over us when we had the same record and we beat them heads up.

Nobody here has forgotten the Ga State loss, or BYU or any other loss. I've already stated I don't think the Vols will be ranked in the final Coach's poll or AP poll.

But, as already mentioned in this thread, the Vols (1) beat UK on their turf, (2) beat Miss State and USC convincingly while UK lost to these same two teams convincingly, and (3) finished 5-3 in the SEC to UK's 3-5. And (3b), the Vols and UK played the same teams in the SEC except the Vols played Bama while UK narrowly beat Arkansas.

I think the Vols should be ranked ahead of UK based on the above. I don't recall if you stated UK should be ranked ahead of the Vols, but if you believe that, you might want to give reasons.

Different scope, this season will mostly be remembered for the Ga State loss, the team pulling itself upright, and the 6 game winning streak against average competition at the end. Not a great season, but a team that stuck together and improved.
I never said they should be ahead of UT. My opinion is they shouldnt, but I dont make the polls.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Looking at the bowl games, coming from behind in the last 5 mins and winning by 1 point does not show that.
Does not show we were better in January than in September? Is that what you're saying or am I missing something?

Looking at the bowl games, coming from behind in the last 5 mins and winning by 1 point does not show that.

Does not show what? In Sept we don't come back and win that one. We lose by a couple scores.

At the end of the day we beat IU who was arguably the best win we had all yr. How is that not worth "something"?

Does not show what? In Sept we don't come back and win that one. We lose by a couple scores.

At the end of the day we beat IU who was arguably the best win we had all yr. How is that not worth "something"?

How is our win over Indiana the "best win" of year?

Middle-of-the-pack B1G team, who lost to every ranked opponent they played, and whose wins were over teams with a collective record of 25-71, none of them having even .500 record on the season.

I'd argue that any SEC win outside of Vandy was a better win than Indiana.

How is our win over Indiana the "best win" of year?

Middle-of-the-pack B1G team, who lost to every ranked opponent they played, and whose wins were over teams with a collective record of 25-71, none of them having even .500 record on the season.

I'd argue that any SEC win outside of Vandy was a better win than Indiana.

That's why I said arguably. I can see how Kentucky could be a better win but certainly not SC. I'd also rank IU ahead of MSU and Missou

The point here is that we don't beat IU in Sept

That's why I said arguably. I can see how Kentucky could be a better win but certainly not SC. I'd also rank IU ahead of MSU and Missou

The point here is that we don't beat IU in Sept

USCe beat Kentucky 24-7, and took Georgia to OT and won. If you are basing the a win off of their performance vs other opponents, the win against USCEe is much better than Indiana considering who Indiana beat during the season.

Indiana might have beat Vandy, or Arkansas if they were in the SEC in 2019, but no one else.

USCe beat Kentucky 24-7, and took Georgia to OT and won. If you are basing the a win off of their performance vs other opponents, the win against USCEe is much better than Indiana considering who Indiana beat during the season.

Indiana might have beat Vandy, or Arkansas if they were in the SEC in 2019, but no one else.

Computer rankings have 4-8 South Carolina in the 50s while IU is ranked just below us at 39. The difference between you and me is that I'm saying it's debatable and you're stating your opinion like it's a fact. No, it's not a given that IU would lose to SC.

College Football Ratings Page

Computer rankings have 4-8 South Carolina in the 50s while IU is ranked just below us at 39. The difference between you and me is that I'm saying it's debatable and you're stating your opinion like it's a fact. No, it's not a given that IU would lose to SC.

College Football Ratings Page

No, I'm saying that USCe played, won, and lost against more quality opponents than Indiana; literally the only quality opponents on Indiana's schedule were the teams they lost to.

Indiana would have gone 2-10 or worse with USCe's schedule.

No, I'm saying that USCe played, won, and lost against more quality opponents than Indiana; literally the only quality opponents on Indiana's schedule were the teams they lost to.

Indiana would have gone 2-10 or worse with USCe's schedule.
I'm saying you don't know that as a fact. It's your opinion. I see it differently as does the computer ranking I posted

If Clemson had been Tennessee playing against OSU last week, Tennessee got lucky because of OSU's penalties and OSU should be playing LSU in the NC.and still could possibly be number 1.

Lol.

VN Store

Back