CFN 2020 College Football Rankings: Early Top 25

Gators at #4. Anybody expecting a win there with JG still in?

The last 2 outings against them have been blowouts with JP at the helm. He'll have to show he can have the team prepared for first half of the season if he expects to keep this close.

Seems a bit high but I’ll take it.

It all comes down to our QB again. Especially after the great job the coaches have done pulling new talent and developing in other key roles.

Personally I'd rather not be ranked, what's the point in being ranked for a week just to get knocked out in week 2?

I don't think Oklahoma is an automatic loss, but its the 2nd game and in Norman. Say what you want but as good as we might be next year we are gonna lose a game or 4.

All that said, it really doesn't matter, I'll be excited either way. All that really matters is how we finish.

Does any school hang flags for being named no. 1 in pre-season polls? Is there a trophy for that?

Reactions: TAF
I think Maurer and Shrout will transfer out before summer practice starts and the Tennessee quarterback depth chart will be

1) Jarrett Guarantano
2) Harrison Bailey
3) Kasim Hill
4) Jimmy Holiday

I give you a like although I hate to see it happen. However, with his many guys trying to be "the one" a few will go. To "leave room" for one or both of them, do you think Hill and maybe Holiday will be projected in other roles early on in the lead up to spring practice thereby leaving room for one or both?

I give you a like although I hate to see it happen. However, with his many guys trying to be "the one" a few will go. To "leave room" for one or both of them, do you think Hill and maybe Holiday will be projected in other roles early on in the lead up to spring practice thereby leaving room for one or both?
I think Hill and Holiday will both just be backup quarterbacks

The last 2 outings against them have been blowouts with JP at the helm. He'll have to show he can have the team prepared for first half of the season if he expects to keep this close.

Well with our Oline, we should be able to run the ball and win. IF we had a Derrick Henry; of course.

Reactions: ETV
Well with our Oline, we should be able to run the ball and win. IF we had a Derrick Henry; of course.

I dont believe you'll need a Henry type back. Gray is more than capable of carrying 20 to 25 times a game. Someone else will need to step up and contribute from the backup position.

My concern is with the passing game and JG. Screens and throws to the RB in the flat are easy pickings for him and keeps his confidence level high. It's when UT has to throw the long ball or over the middle that leaves the offense vulnerable and handcuffed to some extent.

If Mays plays, we have the best Oline in the country. Our Dline will also be stout. If those two things are true, we can beat anyone in the country next year. It has been a LONG time since we could say that. Bring on OU and FU.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back