CFB News From Around The Country & The SEC

The Big 12 should invite Iowa State also they're good in football and basketball.
Iowa State remaining good at football depends on how long Matt Campbell sticks around. I was really surprised to learn that Iowa State has never won more than 8 regular season games in their entire history. At some point he may decide that he has taken that program as far as it can go.

Iowa State remaining good at football depends on how long Matt Campbell sticks around. I was really surprised to learn that Iowa State has never won more than 8 regular season games in their entire history. At some point he may decide that he has taken that program as far as it can go.
Yeah 8 wins was the best Johnny Majors and Earle Bruce did at Iowa State.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Do you think Mack Brown will go back into retirement following the season? North Carolina is 5-1 and i think they will finish 9-3 with losses to Wake Forest and North Carolina State. I think North Carolina at 9-3 will play 7-5 Florida in the Taxslayer Gator Bowl.

Do you think Mack Brown will go back into retirement following the season? North Carolina is 5-1 and i think they will finish 9-3 with losses to Wake Forest and North Carolina State. I think North Carolina at 9-3 will play 7-5 Florida in the Taxslayer Gator Bowl.
Depends on who Bubba thinks they could get. If Matt Rhule was on the table I’d tell Mack it’s been a great ride and we appreciate all these years of never winning the ACC, but it’s time to ride off into the sunset.
It’s strange, If you ever see UNC games, I’ve never seen a HC with his headset mouth piece pulled up by his ear more than Mack. It’s like all he does is listen. I’m not sure how involved he is, but I don’t think he sticks around much longer. Whenever he leaves, everyone is going to be nauseated by hearing how UNC Football is a “sleeping giant” AGAIN… And how with the right hire they will become a dominant program in the Acc.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Depends on who Bubba thinks they could get. If Matt Rhule was on the table I’d tell Mack it’s been a great ride and we appreciate all these years of never winning the ACC, but it’s time to ride off into the sunset.
It’s strange, If you ever see UNC games, I’ve never seen a HC with his headset mouth piece pulled up by his ear more than Mack. It’s like all he does is listen. I’m not sure how involved he is, but I don’t think he sticks around much longer. Whenever he leaves, everyone is going to be nauseated by hearing how UNC Football is a “sleeping giant” AGAIN… And how with the right hire they will become a dominant program in the Acc.
I don't think the big guys at UNC could tolerate NCSU going 11-1 possibly this season and Wake Forest possibly going 10-2 with North Carolina being 3rd in North Carolina with a 9-3 record. I could see there being a big retirement hubbub for Mack Brown at UNC talking about all he's done in College Football while quietly shoving him out the door.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

If Rhule was a smart man he’d grab an assistant position until Tepper pays him every penny he’s owed. That being said they should throw whatever money they can scrape together and send it to Lawrence. You never know…

If Rhule was a smart man he’d grab an assistant position until Tepper pays him every penny he’s owed. That being said they should throw whatever money they can scrape together and send it to Lawrence. You never know…
That’s true too. That would be a home run hire if Leipold came to Chapel Hill. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they held onto Longo. That’s been the one good constant that UNC has had since Mack was brought back.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
That’s true too. That would be a home run hire if Leipold came to Chapel Hill. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they held onto Longo. That’s been the one good constant that UNC has had since Mack was brought back.
I could see UNC hiring someone like Georgia OC Todd Monken,Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops,KU head coach Lance Leipold or Minnesota head coach PJ Fleck.

Last edited:

It would create good buzz between Leipold and Dukes current coach (I am drawing a complete blank)

eaeb1f69f41b3244b409dd9caae085cb.gif

The only way I think Duke could beat UK is if UK showed up uninspired. Duke just doesn’t have the guys. I do Elko is doing an incredible job though.
I think it could be like the 2017 Music City Bowl in which Northwestern beat Kentucky 24-23.

Not with that fat contract. He’s in a cushier spot that Stoops at Kentucky

According to CBS Sports Kennesaw State is joining Conference USA in 2024 as the start of their transition to FBS.:eek::oops:o_O

VN Store

Back