CBS: Who wants a game on CBS

I'm fine with zero CBS games. But if we do I'll mute the TV and turn Bob on.

Not sure about listening to BKesling but

GDanielson is the worst - absolutely cannot hear his voice without a negative reaction. I'm not a fan of his obviously.

Rather have music playing, chilling and watching the game without annoying commentary.

GBO !!

CBS blows. I'll be happy when I don't have to listen to thier awful commentary anymore.

Reactions: SDV
I hate the CBS announcers. The only good thing about CBS is the national exposure.
Does CBS really offer more exposure than ESPN in 2021? Between ESPN's app, and tie ins to Hulu and Disney, on top of their cable networks, I don't really think it does. The old network paradigm is kinda dead in a world of internet tv.

Reactions: 67Vol and BAMA-DAWG
My preference is the 7:00 PM time slot followed by the noon time slot. Makes football Saturdays easier to plan around.

I guess I am in the minority.

I have always loved the CBS game (no matter the announcers), the intro, the music, the time slot. It’s the big time, and it feels like it.

Most of the time, if you are slotted at 2:30 on CBS that means good things are happening for your team…..ours being the Vols. And, I like that too…….

A 6-3 record by Nov 15 gets us that 3:30 slot.
So, you don’t think that we get Alabama on cbs? We’ve done it before, and it wasn’t as competitive. I think there is just something about Bama/Tennessee on cbs that is always there, regardless of records.

I hate watching games on CBS. The announcers suck. Danielson thinks he's God. Nessler obliges him and is just pulling a check. His remarks are so off that sometimes I wonder if he is even watching the game.

The only positive is that CBS isn't afraid to call out the refs for bad calls. ESPN protects the refs by not showing replays of penalties or non calls.

Better than having to stream it on a computer.
CBS sucks, but mute the tv and listen to the radio broadcast

The CBS game is terrible. It's always far too long. You have to endure Gary talking about Alabama the entire game (even if they aren't playing). Oh, and our record at 3:30 in recent memory has been atrocious.

No thank you, I'm happy without the CBS game. At this rate, just keep giving me noon games, so that I can enjoy the rest of my day.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
So, you don’t think that we get Alabama on cbs? We’ve done it before, and it wasn’t as competitive. I think there is just something about Bama/Tennessee on cbs that is always there, regardless of records.

The issue is that CBS has already burned thru 3 of the 5 games that they're allowed to show Bama. Given that the Iron Bowl is almost a guarantee to get picked, CBS can only show one out of Bama-UT, Bama-LSU, and Bama-Arkansas.

I hate damn. I keep the remote in my hand/ finger on mute when he's yammering, which is the whole game. Must get paid by the word.

I guess I am in the minority.

I have always loved the CBS game (no matter the announcers), the intro, the music, the time slot. It’s the big time, and it feels like it.

Most of the time, if you are slotted at 2:30 on CBS that means good things are happening for your team…..ours being the Vols. And, I like that too…….
Except we usually lose…

VN Store

Back