CBS unimpressed with UT Vols

Beat WVU and FL then they will start getting some decent press.

Until then, UT is a 4-8 program with a completely unproven head coach who gets snippy with the press.

Reactions: 3 people
I don’t mind being unimpressive right now based on what we’did last year .All we need is for CJP and staff to keep doing their thing in recruiting this cycle and for 2020 , catch a few breaks this year and you won’t be able to shut the media up about Tennessee and it’s potential .

Reactions: 1 person
Athlon has Florida going 8-4, second in the East behind Georgia. They have the Vols at 5-7, just above lowly Vandy.

Florida always gets the media's admiration with these things. We both have practically the same issues and similar 2017 records, yet they get the hype and we get trashed. Typical lizard love.

Remember this fun fact? Before LAST season they were a favorite dark horse to win a NC. Alway fwiw. :eek:k:

Reactions: 3 people
Meh, I've been unimpressed with CBS for a while now...

Sadly, there hasn’t been much to be impressed about with UT football for a long while, either.

Everybody gets down on the media for dissing us, but you can’t shoot the messenger for delivering bad news. UT football has basically sucked for a dozen years now. That is a long time.

Reactions: 1 person
Athlon has Florida going 8-4, second in the East behind Georgia. They have the Vols at 5-7, just above lowly Vandy.

Florida always gets the media's admiration with these things. We both have practically the same issues and similar 2017 records, yet they get the hype and we get trashed. Typical lizard love.

It's a pretty easy schedule after FSU and UGA. MissSt is at home and the one that could throw a wrench in their 8 win mantra.

The 4pm SEC Network Window is for the unimpressive.

The big boys play at 3:30pm on CBS.

Right now, 9/22 Fla, 10/20 Bama, 11/17 Mizzou are the only 3 games besides 9/1 that might air on the conference’s showcase telecaster.

Last edited:
The 4pm SEC Network Window is for the unimpressive.

The big boys play at 3:30pm on CBS.

Right now, 9/22 Fla, 10/20 Bama, 11/17 Mizzou are the only 3 games besides 9/1 that might air on the conference’s showcase telecaster.

maybe Georgia because of the last game there -- also Auburn depending on how well the season goes

It was only a short while ago when UT was on the CBS game of the week 4 weeks in a row. Plenty of boomage and chest puffing in '16.

Meh, I've been unimpressed with CBS for a while now...
'zactly! How many years have I had to endure watching a former Big 10 Purdue QB (Gary) or Big 10 Penn State QB (Todd) as color commentators for SEC games???? GMAFB CBS!!!

'zactly! How many years have I had to endure watching a former Big 10 Purdue QB (Gary) or Big 10 Penn State QB (Todd) as color commentators for SEC games???? GMAFB CBS!!!

Who would you want as analyst on CBS?...

Can you think of ANY noted SEC player or coach from the last 30 or 40 years that could handle that job? That would be my preference.

Peyton probably has better opportunities.

Having a neutral color analyst cuts down on the homer cries that Herbstreit or McElroy bring when they comment on tOSU or bama respectively...

The national perception of the university and the football team can be laid at the feet of the hiring processes and those that control them at UT. They've been nothing short of embarrassing, hamstringing the school for more than a decade.

Reactions: 5 people
The national perception of the university and the football team can be laid at the feet of the hiring processes and those that control them at UT. They've been nothing short of embarrassing, hamstringing the school for more than a decade.

Spot on! And it starts and ends with the admin which seen what, 2 or 3 new presidents over the past decade(correct if wrong)? Lack of leadership and instability at the top has impacted the entire UTAD. Crap rolls downhill.

VN Store

Back