CBS impact freshmen to watch in 2020 - Jalin Hyatt

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Living not far from Columbus, thus having the perspective of a UT alum who's relgated to watching SC sports, I've enjoyed a close up view of young Mister Hyatt. I've posted this before & I won't stop til proven wrong: Jalin Hyatt is destined for greatness on Saturdays these next couple of years, and Sundays, as well. He's got a knack for crossing into the checkerboard that's not been in Knoxville for a long, long time.

Willie Gault 2.0. I will never forget his first catch against Oregon State. I was sitting in KK and the Vols were backed up to the south endzone. The QB backed up and just slung the ball down the middle of the field as far as he could. I thought what in the hay is he doing? There was nobody there. Then all of a sudden off the left sideline Gault streaks to the middle of the field makes the catch and streaks to the distant north end zone. At that time I thought that to be one of the most amazing plays I had ever seen at Neyland and this kid, named Gault, was something special.

Living not far from Columbus, thus having the perspective of a UT alum who's relgated to watching SC sports, I've enjoyed a close up view of young Mister Hyatt. I've posted this before & I won't stop til proven wrong: Jalin Hyatt is destined for greatness on Saturdays these next couple of years, and Sundays, as well. He's got a knack for crossing into the checkerboard that's not been in Knoxville for a long, long time.
tenor.gif

I hope he picks up on playing college football quickly. We desperately need more speed and he has it in spades. You have some sub 4.4 guys and the defense has to respect these guys. Could really open up the offense this year

Reactions: LittleVol

Do you mean Colombia?

Yeah, Hyatt has a ton of skill and the speed is just one of his weapons. Also has bigtime hands

Hope he can pick up some pounds (like 20-30) and not lose any speed or leaping height. At 160 or so it will be easy to knock him off route with only a brush contact or blast him to hel- during a catch.

If this is an accurate time, he’s easily the fastest player on the team.

It was laser timed at the Southeast regional NIKE opening. He should be fastest day 1 in 40yds...

Wanna year something that made me smile?

The athlete/QB Holiday ran a laser timed 4.38 at the South regional NIKE opening. We have to give him a shot at QB first...that's why he picked us over all the other blue chips that offered him. They wouldn't give him a shot at QB...but that's burner speed...maybe slot WR? Hyatt was named "fastest man in camp" at his regional in Charlotte. I dont know if that 4.38 was the fastest at the South regional or not...but if you go look at 40 times from this years NFL combine, both these guys are top 10...as 18yo kids. Hyatt would be 2nd I believe..maybe 3rd. That's elite, elite speed. There's a lot more to WR than just speed and quickness...but looking at their tape, both Hyatt and Holiday are " IT" with the ball in their hands. A threat to score on every play. We havent had that really since Patterson...and his routes etc were so rough that he never used all his potential. Hope that these 2 kids can blow the top off of defenses and make our whole offense run better. No more 8 and 9 man fronts.

CBS impact freshmen to watch in 2020 - Jalin Hyatt

Um, sorry, but don't they have to play in order to "Watch" them?

Love his potential and attitude. UT needs a QB who can lead receivers well to take advantage of that speed.

This. The JLG nutthuggers can stick their fingers in their ears and scream til their hearts content. The truth is obvious, so much so that SEVERAL former college and pro QBs turned announcers couldnt help but comment on how he is ALWAYS a full second late with the ball and usually about 5 yards short on a deep ball. He underthrew 9 out of 10 passes of over 15 to 20 yards, not just last season; but his entire career.

There is a reason he is the ONLY QB that I know of in my 42 years a Vol fan that played 3 or 4 years for us and will leave UT with a losing record. A losing record, and it isnt close either. Honestly, it is a damn disgrace. He is a tough kid that can take a beating both physically and mentally. He is also the exact reason that he has taken most of that physical abuse and ALL of the mental trauma from his poor decisions. That play at Bama will go down in history as the dumbest, most WT? Moments in Vol football history. The most boneheaded crap ever. Period. It was so dumb that many on here were calling for CJPs job if he let the kid play the next week. I am using the term "kid" very loosely..at 22yo I already had kids of my own and owned my 1st home. He is a grown young man and should be treated as such.

If JG can come out this year and be what he has never, ever been...I will support him. If he can accurately deliver balls on time and make the right read then I will be a big fan. We have 3 full years of tape showing that he has never been able to do that up until now. If he is the same JG...I hope he gets beat out in camp and never takes another snap in orange. We have no less than 3(!!!) Other QBs that can throw a ball...and a freshman that runs a laser timed 4.38 who will get a shot at QB as well. If they cant beat out last years JG then we are screwed...and will have another 7 and 5 season. With decent play from behind center, we can go 8-4 or maybe even 9-3 depending on what the offense can do. Defense will be solid.

4 state championships in 4 years for Hyatt. Bailey threw for 400yds in the first half of his IIRC. We are getting the kind of talent that we took for granted in the 90s again now. CJP has put together 2 GREAT classes when it comes not only to talent...but meeting needs and holes in our roster. If Cheney can ever get us an offense to average 30 or more points per game we will win a bunch of games. We averaged less than 25 last year. That isnt gonna beat UGa or UF very often.

VN Store

Back