CBS has us playing Clemson

nod-yes.gif

The Duke Bowl is the new toilet bowl…
Does anyone really think referring to college bowl game as the "toilet bowl" is clever or funny?

I would think 7 wins would be needed to get to Dukes Mayo bowl or another bowl on that level. 6 wins would seem to be a Liberty bowl type season.

Charlotte would love to get UT here again after the showing versus WVU

I'd love that!

Would be nervous about it even though they aren't playing well. It would be our luck that they'd fix everything in the month leading up to the game.

They likely would but we’d also have the month to get fully healthy, and you know Heupel would have this offense firing on all cylinders.

I would think Clemson would be higher in the ACC pecking order. Not sure what tie-ins they have, but it seems like they would go higher than the ‘Mayonnaise Bowl’

Reactions: Volatility
Would be a great opportunity to play Clemson this season. A very winnable game against a team with a lot of national attention. Not to mention they would probably be disappointed and really not motivated on the other hand Tennessee would be pumped for the game.
Like the Peach Bowl in 2006 or whenever it was. I got tickets from a former UT player because nobody wanted to go to that bowl. Clemson sold their allotment in half a day. It was clear that they wanted to be in that game and UT had no interest in being there. Lolligagged through the game and lost. I live about 10 min from Clemson and that’s all I heard. They put a tombstone next to their facility for the win. I believe UT was ranked in the Top 10 at the time.

It doesn’t matter where or what bowl tenn and Clemson play in they both would draw a nice crowd and I would love to see that match up and I bet recruits on the fence would to.

VN Store

Back