CBS football Schedule

Get ready for a bevy of Bulldog games(try to control that gag reflex)....

UT games... Fl, Aubie, UGA

TFP interview with CBS exec., Mike Aresco
Whether Georgia can live up to lofty expectations this football season won’t be known for months, but the preseason hype is having an effect on exposure.

CBS, the primary network for Southeastern Conference broadcasts since 1996, could televise half of Georgia’s 12 regular-season games. The Bulldogs were on CBS three times last season and only twice in 2006.

“Georgia is a powerhouse right now, and they were at the end of last year with the way they displayed it in their bowl game,” said Mike Aresco, the network’s senior vice president of programming. “They will be highly ranked along with LSU and Florida — I don’t know where Tennessee will be ranked — but when you have teams that are going to be ranked that highly, you always go with those teams first.”

Aresco said quarterback Matthew Stafford and tailback Knowshon Moreno are exciting players who give the Bulldogs national appeal. CBS televised the Bulldogs 18 times from 2002 through ’04, when quarterback David Greene and defensive end David Pollack were the recognizable names.

Returning Heisman Trophy quarterback Tim Tebow helps make Florida attractive to viewers, but Aresco doesn’t believe Tennessee will get lost in the shuffle as a result.

“Tennessee’s schedule late in the season historically isn’t as strong, but last year we picked Tennessee-Kentucky, which is a game we normally don’t do,” he said. “They played for the SEC East that day and won it, so you just never know.”

Aresco said everything is speculative at this point, but he believes the Vols will be on CBS against Florida (Sept. 20), Auburn (Sept. 27) and Georgia (Oct. 11).

“CBS has never not done the Tennessee-Florida
game, so that’s usually a pretty good indication,” he said. “The Tennessee-Auburn game is likely, because ESPN has the Alabama-Georgia game as one of their priority picks, so we won’t have that one.”

Aresco said CBS likely will open its coverage schedule Sept. 13 with Georgia’s trip to South Carolina. The Bulldogs also could be on the network against Tennessee, LSU (Oct. 25), Florida (Nov. 1), Auburn (Nov. 15) and Georgia Tech (Nov. 29).

The Tennessee-Georgia game will be part of a 3:30 and 8 p.m. doubleheader with LSU-Florida, but it has not been determined which game gets which time slot. CBS has a noon and 3:30 doubleheader on Nov. 29 that likely will be the Alabama-Auburn and Georgia-Georgia Tech games.

Interesting. We are obviously not the "hot" team as far as coverage goes - not even in the top 3. Good play can change that going forward.

That sucks..I guess 3 games are better than 1 or none. (Note to CBS) Show more Pats games on Sundays. :)

here's hoping they go another calendar year without an SECe victory and make CBS eat it.

Man how I would love to see Spurrier hand it to the Dogs early in the season and end this Georgia hype.

Georgia will lose two or three sec games this year.

Georgia will lose two or three sec games this year.
They easily have the potential to lose four: LSU, Auburn, and Florida all away from the friendly confines of "the hedges :sick:", and then against us (last time we were between the weeds we hung half a hundred on them...)

This should actually do wonders for UGAs recruiting. What kid does not want to play for the school that they watched, on national television, get pounded at least four times.

Maybe we'll get some ESPN/2 night games. I'd rather have that than 3:30dieinthesun kickoffs.

I'm glad this is only a thread concerning CBS, if this were actually a CBS broadcast it would have been interupted at least 3,101,803 times for TV timeouts by now.

Georgia is hilariously over hyped this year. I, for one, will enjoy watching them lose.

I'm glad this is only a thread concerning CBS, if this were actually a CBS broadcast it would have been interupted at least 3,101,803 times for TV timeouts by now.

:lolabove:

Georgia is overhyped- just like they were before a certain early October game this year against a certain team in orange...

Speaking of CBS I was on the front row painted up for that game and got on CBS numerous times- me going crazy and then the dismay of Georgia fans...:dance2:

This is nothing surprising. But for some reason I expected the Auburn game to be on ESPN. Who cares though, I will be there :)

VN Store

Back