CBS Announcers

Ummm, the SEC is Alabama and the rest. I still don't understand your point. Wouldn't it be easier for him to make the playoffs in the Big 12 if it was less of a conference then the SEC? If that is indeed your argument.

Furthermore, we are so far behind the curve, it would be years before he could even remotely compete. He's competing right now in the Big 12. So again I ask, why would he come here?

Nope, you can finish second in the SEC and make the playoffs. Big 12 champion isn’t even guaranteed to make the playoffs

Aaron Murray flat sucks.

No question of his motivations at least - certainly UGA benefits significantly from keeping us perpetually on the carousel.

Nope, you can finish second in the SEC and make the playoffs. Big 12 champion isn’t even guaranteed to make the playoffs

I respectfully disagree. If you win the big 12, you're in. A 2 loss Sec team will not be in over the big 12 champ with no or 1 loss.

I respectfully disagree. If you win the big 12, you're in. A 2 loss Sec team will not be in over the big 12 champ with no or 1 loss.

The only team to ever get a playoff bid from the Big 12 is Oklahoma. Twice the Big 12 champion has been lefty out of the playoffs. No SEC champion has ever been excluded and the SEC is the only conference to have 2 teams in.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The only team to ever get a playoff bid from the Big 12 is Oklahoma. Twice the Big 12 champion has been lefty out of the playoffs. No SEC champion has ever been excluded and the SEC is the only conference to have 2 teams in.

The college football playoff started in 2014. In 2014 the Big 12 had two regular season champs. TCU and Baylor. Every year after that, Oklahoma has won it.

Oklahoma made the playoffs every year after that except for one. That year they went on to defeat Auburn in the sugar bowl. Oklahoma had two losses the year they were left out, Washington had one.

Here are the links I used for the information.

"College Football Playoff - Wikipedia" College Football Playoff - Wikipedia

"List of Big 12 Conference football champions - Wikipedia" List of Big 12 Conference football champions - Wikipedia

It’s embarrassing how poorly coached Tennessee is.

In the opening moments of the Bama/LSU game, Jones threw a slant to Smith. While Smith made the catch, the LSU safety came up and laid the wood to him. I’m still not sure how Smith held onto the ball, but I thought, “Now that’s how you defend the slant.”

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back