Caylan Arnold is now in the transfer portal

Now she can be a: FREE SHOE UNIVERSITY FOR LIFER!!!

And we can put this thread to rest forever!
The most interesting part of that article it looks like the Oklahoma pitcher with 29 appearances, a 1.25 ERA, and a 19-1 record for the season is going to be available would be nice if we would get involved but not typically our style.

New NCAA DI Transfer Rules in Effect

By Michael Kyllo-Kittleson

Posted on October 15, 2018

Moving Forward

Starting today, a student-athlete only needs to provide their university and coach their written “intent” to transfer. After this occurs, the university must enter the student-athlete’s name into a national transfer database within two business days. At this point, the student-athlete may contact and be contacted by whomever. However, inter-conference transferring rules do still apply. So things like sitting out a season of play when transferring within the same conference are still in effect.

So after all the fuss last week I was right and Deerpark was wrong about this.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
The most interesting part of that article it looks like the Oklahoma pitcher with 29 appearances, a 1.25 ERA, and a 19-1 record for the season is going to be available would be nice if we would get involved but not typically our style.
Yep not our style and why should it be ? Oklahoma has been living off this style for years and had 6 usable pitchers last year and we basically have had 2 for the last ten years per class. LOL! They are in the WWS more than a lot of people bathe. There are other programs that do that as well but hello we don't seem to use the weapons available to us to level the playing field! JMHO as always!

Reactions: skclark

I believe she is Arizona bound. But I wouldn’t be surprised if UT is more active on the transfer market going forward, provided they have scholarship money open up. Arnold’s early departure didn’t change much on that front.

I believe she is Arizona bound. But I wouldn’t be surprised if UT is more active on the transfer market going forward, provided they have scholarship money open up. Arnold’s early departure didn’t change much on that front.
I was thinking Arizona as well but being a Cali girl who knows! Thanks

Doesn't matter to play anywhere else without sitting out a year all she needs is a release from UT doesn't matter if its inside the SEC or outside the SEC.

Yes it does! Do some research, ask a d1 Softball coach or player. I have and they will all tell you can’t transfer to another school in conference as an undergrad without sitting a year.

God created blue font for people like you that can't tell sarcasm when they see it. lol
No God created blue font for people like you that make stupid statements while others laugh it off as sarcasm when in reality it’s a stupid heartfelt statement. You do know there are dummies out their that think there are actually better options than the Weekley’s.

Last edited:

@DeerPark12 - you mention that not much scholarship money will open up because of the Arnold departure. Do you think that is because UT does not give in-state players as much as out-of-state players due to the HOPE scholly? I also noticed on almost every player in their bio that they have been awarded additional schollys and grants, is this a way to make up the difference? Just wondering.

@DeerPark12 - you mention that not much scholarship money will open up because of the Arnold departure. Do you think that is because UT does not give in-state players as much as out-of-state players due to the HOPE scholly? I also noticed on almost every player in their bio that they have been awarded additional schollys and grants, is this a way to make up the difference? Just wondering.

Yeah, that's what you have to do in a sport with partial scholarships and a large number of out of state recruits. You make it clear to in-state kids that they need to qualify for academic money to make the full picture work. Some kids take their ball and go home over it, the Chattanooga player that's at Florida was one, a kid that is going to Ole Miss next year is another. I don't know what kind of students they are, but in sports like softball and soccer, every school uses whatever means they can to stretch the scholarship numbers as far as they can. Obviously I don't know the exact scholarship numbers each one received, but I can't think of an in-state player in softball the last decade that was on more than a 30% athletic scholarship.

Many years ago, the Alabama and Mississippi schools tried to get a rule in place that would have prevented athletes from taking lottery scholarship money, since neither of those states had that program at the time. As you can imagine, it was soundly defeated. But it was also slapped down by the NCAA because those scholarships are available to all students and not based on athletics or even choice of school.

You couldn’t have been more wrong on this.

Hindsight is 20/20. Hilarious that you come at me given how wrong you have been on this board and on UCS. I have about 20 more instances of being wrong before I’ve caught up to you. 😂✌🏼

I also was one of the first ones to say she was going to FSU. FYI.

No God created blue font for people like you that make stupid statements while others laugh it off as sarcasm when in reality it’s a stupid heartfelt statement. You do know there are dummies out their that think there are actually better options than the Weekley’s.

I didn’t make the statement. Lol

Don’t get so triggered next time, k?

Hindsight is 20/20. Hilarious that you come at me given how wrong you have been on this board and on UCS. I have about 20 more instances of being wrong before I’ve caught up to you. 😂✌🏼

I also was one of the first ones to say she was going to FSU. FYI.

😂👍 right

Good call on FSU. Your actually a person on this forum that has some balls to make a prediction, I’ll tell you this I’m not wrong on the whole inter conference transfer rules though. Also I was the first to break the news on this forum about the transfer.

Good call on FSU. Your actually a person on this forum that has some balls to make a prediction, I’ll tell you this I’m not wrong on the whole inter conference transfer rules though. Also I was the first to break the news on this forum about the transfer.
Well whoopity doo.
1560424576025.gif1560424576025.gif

You are totally clueless

Not one Softball player currently in the transfer portal has decided to Transfer to another school within the same conference! Why do you think that is? I already know why, but I’m clueless? Your irrelevant on this forum and always will be!

Not one Softball player currently in the transfer portal has decided to Transfer to another school within the same conference! Why do you think that is? I already know why, but I’m clueless? Your irrelevant on this forum and always will be!

Is ok guys..
we're one fan family, let's move on.

VN Store

Back