Caylan Arnold is now in the transfer portal

I doubt other schools will care much about why Arnold is transferring. Schools that need a plug-and-play pitcher for one season will be happy to have her. She can be the missing piece in some team's lineup. Look at Sam Show. OSU knew they were getting what they needed for one year and she's the missing piece that put them in the WCWS.

Now we need a transfer pitcher-- not to be our ace, but to provide quality depth. Otherwise, we'll be riding a SO with FR as backup, and we've seen how important depth and experience are in the postseason.

Now I'm confused....

We have a couple of transfer football players, that are not grad transfers, that are waiting on an NCAA ruling to see if they can play this year. They both transferred here as undergraduates....

We also have a new basketball player (men's) that is also an undergraduate transfer...He too is applying to play this year...Has to wait on ruling.

Very confusing....

Now I'm confused....

We have a couple of transfer football players, that are not grad transfers, that are waiting on an NCAA ruling to see if they can play this year. They both transferred here as undergraduates....

We also have a new basketball player (men's) that is also an undergraduate transfer...He too is applying to play this year...Has to wait on ruling.

Very confusing....
Not really when the rules differ per sport. You are assuming NCAA (and conference) is doing things that make sense

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Now I'm confused....

Very confusing....

Not really. As I said early in this thread, athletes only have to sit out without a waiver in football, men's and women's basketball and ice hockey.

Starting this year in men's and women's volleyball, players will only be able to transfer without penalty after their sophomore year, a rule that is likely to be implemented across the NCAA in the next two years.

In every other sport, if a player obtains a release, they are eligible to play right away at their new school.

She doesn’t have to sit out a year.
She is going to a big time school.
She did deserve more playing time than she got.
Tennessee Softball will not win a WCWS unless there is a coaching change.
Ive believed that since Mel Davins dad posted on here and to me personally --

Reactions: WizardofOz
Not really. As I said early in this thread, athletes only have to sit out without a waiver in football, men's and women's basketball and ice hockey.

Starting this year in men's and women's volleyball, players will only be able to transfer without penalty after their sophomore year, a rule that is likely to be implemented across the NCAA in the next two years.

In every other sport, if a player obtains a release, they are eligible to play right away at their new school.

Your wrong, vilage idiet!

;)

Reactions: DeerPark12
Looks like Tennessee isn't the only SEC team the transfer bug is hitting, Auburn's lefty pitcher Chardonnay Harris puts her name in the transfer portal.

Other transfer news is that Brooke Vines will end up at Loyola Marymount.
Baylee Klingler is also transferring from Texas A&M

Looks like Tennessee isn't the only SEC team the transfer bug is hitting, Auburn's lefty pitcher Chardonnay Harris puts her name in the transfer portal.

Other transfer news is that Brooke Vines will end up at Loyola Marymount.
Baylee Klingler is also transferring from Texas A&M

You'll see Abby Lockman in there as well, though I believe her deal for a west coast school was done long ago. UT's doctors wouldn't clear her shoulder so she was on a medical scholarship this year and still has one year to play as a grad transfer. She could have left before the season, but she wanted to finish her degree and UT was willing to pay for it and help her complete rehab on the shoulder while still being a part of the team. Great for all sides.

Ive believed that since Mel Davins dad posted on here and to me personally --

While I tend to agree that the Weeklys recruit well enough to get to the WCWS every so often, but their coaching hinders our ability to win the SEC and win the national championship, Mike Davin didn't know what the hell he was talking about most of the time and was a major drama queen. Everything he ever said on here, The Summitt, and UCS stemmed from him wanting Mel to be coddled and catered to. Nothing he said was ever in the best interest of the team, and he threw players under the bus numerous times in things he said to me, most notably Tarango, Chavanne and Shipman. He would also vent in PMs to any fan that would listen. He actually once compared the coaching Mel got to her being in an abusive relationship. Lo and behold, she stayed all four years.

The whole point of this thread is Caylan Arnold transferring. If she transfers to another sec school she will have to sit out a year. She will not be a grad transfer which have different rules. Bottom line.

w r o n g

Well in an article just recently posted on the Knox News Sentinel, Caylan Arnold is transferring outside of the SEC to make sure she can play immediately.

Tennessee Lady Vols softball: Pitcher Caylan Arnold will transfer outside SEC

Some P5 schools I think that may go after her: Ohio State, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Baylor just to name a few. I could also see her maybe transferring to a really good mid-major to boost their staff.

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111
Well in an article just recently posted on the Knox News Sentinel, Caylan Arnold is transferring outside of the SEC to make sure she can play immediately.

Some P5 schools I think that may go after her: Ohio State, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Baylor just to name a few. I could also see her maybe transferring to a really good mid-major to boost their staff.
The statement about how it feels to be wanted, is the final answer!

Reactions: karmazone
She isnt going to another SEC school she did say thst she wants a new vision outside the SEC

Doesn't matter to play anywhere else without sitting out a year all she needs is a release from UT doesn't matter if its inside the SEC or outside the SEC.

Some SEC schools give undergrads a conditional release, requiring the player to sit a year intra-conference. UT generally grants an unconditional release in non-revenue sports. It's handled player-by-player.

not "correcting" anybody -- just stating what I know -- don't be so grouchy, please
Thank you very much! We all need a reminder some days. I appreciate you lecturing me, and dictating a new attitude. Also, please do not quote me when making superfluous comments where it was so random it made no sense. Thanks again and please.

Oklahoma State and Oklahoma go after virtually every transfer hard. They each have 3 or 4 transfers on their roster this year, including both starting pitchers (G Juarez from Arizona State and Samantha Show from Texas A&M). Without those transfers, neither team would've been in OKC, most likely. OU's other pitcher is a transfer from Florida Int'l and was CUSA FOY. Last year, OSU nabbed Sprang, Show and Sydney Springfield (LSU) in the offseason and it raised a lot of eyebrows.

So honestly if Arnold winds up at OSU, it wouldn't surprise me.

Most of the programs in the WCWS have transfers at key positions. The two SEC teams that made it to OKC relied on transfers to win. Lindaman is one of UF's top two hitters, and Bama brought in two transfer pitchers to avoid overworking Fouts. UF's already adding transfers for next year, scooping up Charla Echols from MSU to replace clutch hitter Lorenz.

The LVs will be relying on incoming FR to fill the gaps. Our pitching staff next year will be a SO that we'll ride hard and a couple of FR who may or may not be ready to play an SEC schedule. Riding one arm and relying too heavily on FR doesn't always bode well for the postseason-- as we've seen.

VN Store

Back