Causes for Optimism: UGA game

- It’s a home game
- Nothing to lose at this point, no pressure
- no holding back, every play in the book is available
- enough injuries have occurred that they may underestimate our more unproven players
- uga players have a history of getting injured in our stadium
- during the day and weather will be nice
- we have the edge with special teams
- big time recruiting list, if the game is good at least for the first half, we’ll make waves
I've got a bridge for sale in Ukraine that I feel like you would be interested in.

I ain't getting my hopes up. Our team isn't healthy and Joe can't carry the offense and put them on his back like Hendon could. We're toast

Reactions: Nooga
- It’s a home game
- Nothing to lose at this point, no pressure
- no holding back, every play in the book is available
- enough injuries have occurred that they may underestimate our more unproven players
- uga players have a history of getting injured in our stadium
- during the day and weather will be nice
- we have the edge with special teams
- big time recruiting list, if the game is good at least for the first half, we’ll make waves

Eh....I think they shelved about 1/2 of the playbook early in the season.

Think UGA will want to make a statement on the road against a solid opponent.

We keep talking about backing into the SEC title picture every year, meanwhile, UGA is worried about positioning themselves for the national title.

I actually am thinking this game will be closer than most people think we are playing at home that helps, Georgia already has the division wrapped up they may kinda kick back a little and they do have a tendency to start slow in games this season. I think we will play loose and chippy and hey I don’t care if we play a little dirty it wouldn’t bother me at all if Carson Beck rolled his knee up or Milton or Edwards or Bowers suffered a similar fate as Nick Chubb did in the 2015 game. I don’t have any sympathy or love for Georgia they are a dirty team and always has been I never will forget that Olineman they had that deliberately blocked low can’t remember if it was Tuttle or McKenzie and took their knee out. F Georgia!!
The best part of this awful post is the I'll never forget immediately followed by the I don't remember.

Reactions: Randall Stephens
Hopefully we bring in piped crowd noise along with our usual Neyland enthusiasm to let Kirby and Sankey know two can play that game.

- It’s a home game -Thank goodness, that should be worth at least 6 points.
- Nothing to lose at this point, no pressure -True, the Vols need to come out pissed and ready to go to work
- no holding back, every play in the book is available-Cannot come out after halftime and start a drive with a crappy option play, need to play to win
- enough injuries have occurred that they may underestimate our more unproven players-This is inconclusive
- uga players have a history of getting injured in our stadium -Nick Chubb injury was bad on first play of game
- during the day and weather will be nice-Volnation needs to be rocking all game
- we have the edge with special teams-This game will be won in trenches, however a last second field goal to break their doggie hearts and their streak would be alright alright alright
- big time recruiting list, if the game is good at least for the first half, we’ll make waves -Team needs to play agressive, mistake free and take the fight to GA so the recruits know what Volunteers are made of

I realize Georgia is really good and favored for a reason, but so many comments on here seem like people think we're as bad as we were during the Dooley, Butch and Pruitt years. This is a good but not great team that played a horrible game this past week. They have a chance to make this a competitive game.

It would take Beck throwing multiple picks, UGA’s run game being pedestrian, at least one Dee Williams punt return for a touchdown, Milton playing his best game, Wright remembering who he is, and likely a Jackson Ross fake punt run for 20 or 30 for UT to have a chance of winning, not to mention uncharacteristically even-handed officiating. I don’t see it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Eh....I think they shelved about 1/2 of the playbook early in the season.

Think UGA will want to make a statement on the road against a solid opponent.

We keep talking about backing into the SEC title picture every year, meanwhile, UGA is worried about positioning themselves for the national title.
I’m not sure I’d characterize our team as “solid” at this point.

I realize Georgia is really good and favored for a reason, but so many comments on here seem like people think we're as bad as we were during the Dooley, Butch and Pruitt years. This is a good but not great team that played a horrible game this past week. They have a chance to make this a competitive game.
I agree that this team CAN be good. We just haven't seen them do it consistently. What we have seen them do consistently is be extremely inconsistent. They are a couple eyelashes away from being 5-5 right now, but nowhere near being 8-2 or 9-1 like we hoped.

Reactions: Drewbydoo

VN Store

Back