CATCH - 98 - Sounds Interesting!!

LV renaissance

Forgive me if this is buried in another thread but this documentary sounds really interesting. The documentary is about Tamica Catchings life up through her undefeated Freshman year with the Lady Vols. The premiere is as the Tennessee Theatre this Tuesday night at 6:00 with numerous LV luminaries including Coach Harper and Catchings expected to be there. I would love to go but I will be working. It would be really interesting to hear from those who are able to go. Fortunately, the SEC network will be showing the documentary at 7:00 on June 23rd.

How to attend Knoxville premiere of CATCH98 featuring Tamika Catchings

Last edited:
It was fine, but it's really too bad they couldn't get Chamique in it as well. Any retrospective of that season feels incomplete without her...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tamika Catchings! What a story! Great basketball player with a speech impediment. Pat Summit encouraged her with both coaching & working on her public speaking. Today Tamika is the premier women's basketball analyst.

I finally got to see it. Tamika Catchingsis my favorite player of all time. I am not saying that Candace or Chamique weren't at least as good while they were at UT, but Catchings was the only one that played full out on every single play in every game. And of course, she is just a remarkable person! I loved reliving the 98 season. I have passionately followed all kinds of sports throughout my life, but that team was the most thrilling of them all. And I remember being at the Elite Eight game in Nashville and it looking like they were going to get upset, and then they had the most exciting and meaningful comeback I have ever seen. A great woman and player on a great team with a great coach. Nothing Compares!

It was fine, but it's really too bad they couldn't get Chamique in it as well. Any retrospective of that season feels incomplete without her...
I wonder why she wasn’t part of it. Maybe she’s working own her on project? I would have loved to hear from her, but I thought it was great either way.

Last edited:
Just saw it. Whatever happened to S. Randle and Ace Clemmons? Did either play professionally or just hang it up after college? Seem to remember Clemmons experiencing some shooting issues at one point. Appreciate any updates. Always liked Ace.

Just saw it. Whatever happened to S. Randle and Ace Clemmons? Did either play professionally or just hang it up after college? Seem to remember Clemmons experiencing some shooting issues at one point. Appreciate any updates. Always liked Ace.
Semeka played three seasons in the WNBA and has been coaching ever since. She is currently head coach at Winthrop.
Ace CLEMENT is working with Kids Across America and living in Chattanooga.

Semeka played three seasons in the WNBA and has been coaching ever since. She is currently head coach at Winthrop.
Ace CLEMENT is working with Kids Across America and living in Chattanooga.

Thanks. I was trying to pick out the correct spelling of Ace's last name off her jersey in the show but never got a good enough look. Glad both are doing well..

Forgive me if this is buried in another thread but this documentary sounds really interesting. The documentary is about Tamica Catchings life up through her undefeated Freshman year with the Lady Vols. The premiere is as the Tennessee Theatre this Tuesday night at 6:00 with numerous LV luminaries including Coach Harper and Catchings expected to be there. I would love to go but I will be working. It would be really interesting to hear from those who are able to go. Fortunately, the SEC network will be showing the documentary at 7:00 on June 23rd.

How to attend Knoxville premiere of CATCH98 featuring Tamika Catchings
Absolute fun to watch. Randall was a hoot. Tamica, Semika, Kellie and Ace were having a great time and brought back some heartfelt memories. Find a way to watch it. You won’t be sorry. It’s on the Storied SEC Series.

VN Store

Back