Carry Permit Holders

Thanks for your opinion. I hope you don't own a gun. You seem really unstable.

That's rich. Judging my mental state and character on an internet forum. You can't truly be this dense, can you?

edit: Upon reading the rest of this thread, yes, that's exactly what you are. Carry on...

I commute 5 days/week to/from Antioch, so I could be dealing w/ THP, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Metro, etc.

Lately THP hasn't been as picky in enforcing the un-Constitutional HOV lane, so I haven't been pulled over. :p

Now out in my neck of the woods, I'm the law. :)

The reason I asked the question was because I had a friend who was pulled over and either forgot or chose not to tell the officer(Knoxville PD)he had a permit, I can't remember if he was carrying or not, I think he might have been. The officer came back from his car and proceeded to tell my friend that he should have informed the officer first thing that he was carrying and told him that he could have arrested him just then for not doing so. Whether or not the officer knew the local laws, I don't know.

My once and hopefully only encounter with THP was not quite as easy going. I got hit with a combo ticket, speeding, too dark window tint, and my proof of insurance was out of date because I hadn't printed the new one. Knox County Sheriff on the other hand could care less about window tint. In fact just about all their cars are limo black.

The reason I asked the question was because I had a friend who was pulled over and either forgot or chose not to tell the officer(Knoxville PD)he had a permit, I can't remember if he was carrying or not, I think he might have been. The officer came back from his car and proceeded to tell my friend that he should have informed the officer first thing that he was carrying and told him that he could have arrested him just then for not doing so. Whether or not the officer knew the local laws, I don't know.

He did not know the law which from what I understand is too common. You are not required to tell them in TN unless the cop asks.

That's a different topic for a different day I guess. I'm kind of from the camp of it IS your constitutional right to own / carry a musket, because let's be real, that's what they were referring to at the time. One has to wonder if Franklin, Adams, Jefferson or any those guys had AK's or RPG's, would it still have been worded the same? Maybe. Who knows?

Honestly do you think the founding fathers were that dense? Clearly they had seen firearms evolve during their lifetime so it's absurd to suggest they simply meant a musket.

If you believe they only thought in terms of the day then the 1st and 4th amendments clearly do not apply to electronic communication - I'm sure you don't believe that do you?

Reliable, accurate, fires smoothly, inexpensive ammunition... I carried a Kimber Custom CDP Series 1 for a while. Bought two 17's for what I got for my Kimber. Personal preference.

I ask this because I've never shot one, but what makes Kimber so expensive? Is it simply a name/status thing, or are they worth the money?

Nowadays it's a name thing. Not worth the money IMO

I can't speak to the newer incarnations. Mine was a Series 1, as I mentioned. It was an extremely well-made, smooth firing, and accurate pistol. I loved it. I sold it for more than I paid for it, so it was worth it for me in the end, but I don't see myself buying another.

Nowadays it's a name thing. Not worth the money IMO

I agree, Kimber's are well made quality firearms but they are built to very tight tolerances and must be kept clean and lubed or you'll have problems. An old government Colt that rattles a little when you shake it around. Thats a gun that will go bang every time.

Reactions: 2 people
I carry either a Ruger LC9, Glock 23 or sometimes my wife's Taurus TCP380. Mostly the LC9.

It's actually a bit worrisome when LEO don't know gun laws. I mean, it's troubling when they enforce anything they don't fully understand but gun laws? That's one of the LAST things I want LEO ignorant about.

Gun owner receives apology from police chief » Knoxville News Sentinel

I agree and this is very common. I understand they aren't lawyers but they need a basic understanding of the law. They should also have some resource to check the law when they aren't sure. They have a damn computer in the car and radio communication with the precinct. The article says he let the guy go after he talked to another officer but what if that guy was ignorant of the law too. The YouTube video I posted the other day shows a cop in Ohio threatening to kill a guy and telling him he deserves to die.

I carry either a Ruger LC9, Glock 23 or sometimes my wife's Taurus TCP380. Mostly the LC9.

Depends on the weather for me. If its hot and just have on shorts and a tshirt Ill carry my Kel-Tec PF9 in my pocket or Glock 19. If its cool and I have a jacket on I'll carry my Springfield 1911 or S&W 357.

Depends on the weather for me. If its hot and just have on shorts and a tshirt Ill carry my Kel-Tec PF9 in my pocket or Glock 19. If its cool and I have a jacket on I'll carry my Springfield 1911 or S&W 357.

One of the reasons I like the LC9 so much is I can carry IWB or OWB depending on what I'm wearing. Not to mention it's a dam fine weapon.

One of the reasons I like the LC9 so much is I can carry IWB or OWB depending on what I'm wearing. Not to mention it's a dam fine weapon.

Some people aren't in to pocket carry but it doesn't get much easier than shoving something small into, say, a Desantis Nemesis and just putting it in your jeans/shorts pocket. It's not the best for everything (like seated in a car) but it's about as convenient as it gets.

Reactions: 1 person
Some people aren't in to pocket carry but it doesn't get much easier than shoving something small into, say, a Desantis Nemesis and just putting it in your jeans/shorts pocket. It's not the best for everything (like seated in a car) but it's about as convenient as it gets.

Yeah I'm one of those who dosn't like to carry in the pocket. Keys, change and pocket knife in one and Copenhagen in the other, no room.

I love pocket carrying. I have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and it just looks like a wallet in my pocket.

Gotta agree here. I usually carry a Ruger LCP in a small DeSantis pocket holster. Small, inconspicuous and handy. Once I got it, I found myself carrying more frequently because I didn't have to worry about the weight, etc.

Of course, if I had it my way, I'd be bee-bopping around everywhere carrying my Winchester rifle in my hands a la John Wayne. :)

images

images

images

VN Store

Back