Carlin Fils-aime Opts Out

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Tennessee lost a piece of depth at running back today, as senior Carlin Fils-aime opted out of the 2020 season. The veteran runner was expected to slot in somewhere behind Eric Gray and Ty Chandler this fall.

Head coach Jeremy Pruitt broke the news today at his weekly press conference.

“Carlin graduated this summer, and he’s sitting out this season,” Pruitt told reporters on Monday. “He possibly may come back in January, but we’ve yet to decide that yet, and when that time comes, we’ll get together and decide that.”

Fils-aime has bounced around since Pruitt’s staff arrived, spending some time at defensive back before ultimately landing back on the offensive side of the ball. In three seasons of play, Fils-aime has 52 carries for 309 yards.

Senior running back Carlin Fils-aime sitting out 2020 season

“somewhere behind” translates to fingernail edge of the roster. Hopelessly behind all listed running backs...including walk-one.

Reactions: tbh
51601818d4571dcd1da1430c4f756d95.gif

He is like your 35 y/o nephew living in your sisters basement. Lots of practice buzz about Carlin since the Obama years and still nothing.

Tennessee lost a piece of depth at running back today, as senior Carlin Fils-aime opted out of the 2020 season. The veteran runner was expected to slot in somewhere behind Eric Gray and Ty Chandler this fall.

Head coach Jeremy Pruitt broke the news today at his weekly press conference.

“Carlin graduated this summer, and he’s sitting out this season,” Pruitt told reporters on Monday. “He possibly may come back in January, but we’ve yet to decide that yet, and when that time comes, we’ll get together and decide that.”

Fils-aime has bounced around since Pruitt’s staff arrived, spending some time at defensive back before ultimately landing back on the offensive side of the ball. In three seasons of play, Fils-aime has 52 carries for 309 yards.

Senior running back Carlin Fils-aime sitting out 2020 season
He didn't technically opt out like you think. He's recovering from an injury and his playing time was literally going to be nothing. His best chance is to rehab another year and see how it looks come spring practice.

I would assume so since you remove yourself from the football team and it’s activities
Not with the Covid caveats. My understanding is that everyone who’s opted out is still on their teams and under scholarship.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
amazing how as soon as one becomes a former team members here, it instantly leads to alot of denigration. Why?

exactly, I've always wondered that. Makes me understand why a player would never want to sign any autograph for snot nosed spoiled adult brat fans. They smile in your face and trash you like cowards on the message boards! Ha comedy gold!

VN Store

Back