Careers of Jack Jones & Chance Hall

What puzzled me about Jack Jones was after he was obviously injured, Jones continued to start him in front of Venzell Boulevard. VB was pretty good and we missed him dearly last year after he transferred mid season to the Canes. I wish someone would ask VB what happened in all that. That kid had a mean streak too, and just like that we lost both our guards who were developing well. :-(
If we had a healthy developed Smith, Jack Jones, Hall and Boulware last year, we probably win at least 7 games, maybe 9. Seems like a combination of poor player physical development and very bad luck, Can't fault Jones' recruiting, because he got enough studs.

Jones had 3 different strength and conditioning coaches during his tenure at UT and it is very hard to develop players or a culture whenever you have a revolving door into the most important aspect of any sport or program.

Reactions: wmcovol
Under Botch, any true FR o lineman that had great talent was placed into the fire, without a red-shirt and beat to death. Jack, Chance, Colemaan, Jashon, Tatum....the list goes on and on....if all of those guys could have red-shirted, who knows?

Reactions: sport3500
If we had a healthy developed Smith, Jack Jones, Hall and Boulware last year, we probably win at least 7 games, maybe 9. Seems like a combination of poor player physical development and very bad luck, Can't fault Jones' recruiting, because he got enough studs.

You're right LA. It's just crazy how many good players this OL has lost or had out w injury. And I agree that with those linemen healthy we win at least 7 last year.

Jones' S&C program has become the easy scapegoat to all the injuries. But truthfully nobody actually knows. The types are diverse.

The following year butchie put a 250lb Freshman, Marcus Tatum, in the starting lineup versus Bama and it was a slaughter. Apparently he thought MAC philosophies could work in the SEC.

I'm not sure the word "Apparently" is necessary.

VN Store

Back