Capt. William D. Swenson MOH

Pretty hardcore to get the Medal of Honor. The guy kinda looked like he didnt want to be there though.

I'm sorry that he experienced what he did. It's sad that he couldn't get the backup he needed that could have saved the lives of our troops.

Pretty hardcore to get the Medal of Honor. The guy kinda looked like he didnt want to be there though.

there's likely a reason for that. I refer back to what Marcus Luttrell said about it in his book

"There’s a lot of awards in the military, but when you see a Medal of Honor, you know whatever they went through is pretty horrible. You don’t congratulate anyone when you see it,"

Well deserved. It's a real shame that he didn't receive the air support that he requested. A lot of lives could have been saved that day...

Reactions: 1 person
there's likely a reason for that. I refer back to what Marcus Luttrell said about it in his book

Yeah I know. While not as hard core as a MoA I do have several combat valor medals. (USAF so things like not getting to stay at Embassy Suites..or having my rental car reservation messed up during deployments).

I can also assume its probably nerve wracking standing with the President in a room full of people and cameras.

Well deserved. It's a real shame that he didn't receive the air support that he requested. A lot of lives could have been saved that day...

One gunship is all they needed. The army tends to put themselves in these kind of predicaments and I never quite understood why.

VN Store

Back