Can't Make this Stuff Up....

So we have back ups in baseball with 7 catchers and we need back ups in football. lol

You can't make this stuff up

I just looked at the roster for this year...we have 7, yes 7, true catchers listed on our roster along with a 1B/C

BRILLIANT roster management from Raleigh

2010 Tennessee Baseball Fall Roster University of Tennessee Athletics

This was brought up and discussed 4 months ago...IN THE FALL!!!!!!!!

You suck, 58. I'm not making that up...:)
Just kidding...you're ok for the official Debbie Downer of UT Baseball. Congrats!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What in the hell is Raleigh thinking with these two catchers yates and mitchem?? 5-11, 150lb, 5-10, 160lb..Are they still in middle school or have they never heard of a gym??

Ethan Bennett is the truth and drops absolute bombs though. It's almost unfathomable just how much talent Raleigh has let out of Knoxville the past few years. If Rod were still coach, this team would be loaded with talent atleast instead of these weak ass kids.

What in the hell is Raleigh thinking with these two catchers yates and mitchem?? 5-11, 150lb, 5-10, 160lb..Are they still in middle school or have they never heard of a gym??

Both walk-ons that are bullpen catchers. They don't dress for SEC games and don't travel Basically for practice with the pitchers in the cages.

Gotta see how many are on scholarship. Sometimes you just need warm bodies.

Warm bodies? I beg to differ! Dr. Bass could field a better team from "The Farm" than ReTodd could with ML all-stars.

It's almost unfathomable just how much talent Raleigh has let out of Knoxville the past few years. If Rod were still coach, this team would be loaded with talent atleast instead of these weak ass kids.

Delmonico was known for ignoring instate guy, so these sentences do not belong together.

Furthermore, considering the path he was on and NCAA rule changes that got him axed the question, we'd be operating with about 2.7 schollys if Rod were still coach.

They don't have enough mounds to utilize that many bullpen catchers.

They have three indoor mounds.

It's a moot point anyway. They only have 5 catches listed now. Several college teams have over 35 players for fall practice then make cuts for the season down to the legal number. Ohio had six catchers during the fall and then cut 1 to have 5.

They don't have enough mounds to utilize that many bullpen catchers.

True, but do you want your top two catchers and a third that also plays another position to not participate in team drills because they're catching side sessions with the 20 pitchers a college team has on its rosters?

Several people have mentioned wear and tear on players, having a couple of walk-ons saves on that while costing you nothing, not counting against scholarship numbers, etc. There is no downside and I can't understand how this is something anyone could be critical of.

I could understand if we had 5 catchers on scholarship, but we don't. It's not poor recruiting, it's smart use of walk-ons that want to be a part of the Tennessee program.

I could understand if we had 5 catchers on scholarship, but we don't. It's not poor recruiting, it's smart use of walk-ons that want to be a part of the Tennessee program.

Good post.
There might be a lot of things about UT baseball to be critical of but this is not one of them. If you have ever planned a pitcher throwing program and practice you would know that you would take as many catchers as you could get.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back