Candace Parker playoffs thread

bballnut90

Thought I'd start a discussion after Parker leads Chicago into the semis with a dazzling 14 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 block performance.

After these playoffs Parker will likely be:

-2nd or 3rd all time in career playoff points (currently 4th, 4 points from moving to 3rd)

-1st or 2nd all time in career playoff rebounds (currently 3rd, 5 rebounds from moving to 2nd)

-5th or 6th all time in career playoff assists (currently 6th, 8 behind Briann January who is also playing still)

-2nd all time in career playoff blocks (currently 2nd after tonight)

-2nd all time in career playoff steals (currently 2nd)

Not bad for 36. And best of all it looks like she still has several good years ahead of her too if she decides to stick around.

Thought I'd start a discussion after Parker leads Chicago into the semis with a dazzling 14 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 block performance.

After these playoffs Parker will likely be:

-2nd or 3rd all time in career playoff points (currently 4th, 4 points from moving to 3rd)

-1st or 2nd all time in career playoff rebounds (currently 3rd, 5 rebounds from moving to 2nd)

-5th or 6th all time in career playoff assists (currently 6th, 8 behind Briann January who is also playing still)

-2nd all time in career playoff blocks (currently 2nd after tonight)

-2nd all time in career playoff steals (currently 2nd)

Not bad for 36. And best of all it looks like she still has several good years ahead of her too if she decides to stick around.

And she did that on a relatively bad shooting night. She missed some good looks at the rim and some open threes. During one break, she was talking to her trainer and pointing to her finger, so she might have some problem on her shooting hand.

Chicago look like a good bet to repeat. I am hoping Seattle upsets Las Vegas because they are the better match-up for Candace and company.

And she did that on a relatively bad shooting night. She missed some good looks at the rim and some open threes. During one break, she was talking to her trainer and pointing to her finger, so she might have some problem on her shooting hand.

Chicago look like a good bet to repeat. I am hoping Seattle upsets Las Vegas because they are the better match-up for Candace and company.

Seattle actually scares me more than Vegas does since they've finally figured out how to effectively incorporate Charles into the lineup and they're a lot more balanced now, and they know this is their last hurrah for a long time with Bird/Stewart leaving. Both teams are playing at an extremely high level, where the Sky have been shakier as of late. If Dallas pulls out the win tonight I do think Chicago easily wins that series though.

Seattle actually scares me more than Vegas does since they've finally figured out how to effectively incorporate Charles into the lineup and they're a lot more balanced now, and they know this is their last hurrah for a long time with Bird/Stewart leaving. Both teams are playing at an extremely high level, where the Sky have been shakier as of late. If Dallas pulls out the win tonight I do think Chicago easily wins that series though.

That is a good point. I do think the sky took a bit of mental break before the play-offs started, plus they had an injury to Vandersloot so that had some impact on their late season drop-off. I think they have found their play-off stride but Seattle or LV will pose a major challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: bballnut90
That is a good point. I do think the sky took a bit of mental break before the play-offs started, plus they had an injury to Vandersloot so that had some impact on their late season drop-off. I think they have found their play-off stride but Seattle or LV will pose a major challenge.

I agree with both of you. I initially was pulling for Seattle over Las Vegas, because of how Chicago matched up with Vegas during the regular season. Seattle seems to be playing their best ball now though, but so does Vegas. I just hope Chicago can put it all together on both ends like they did in game 2 versus NY. Pulling for Candace and the Sky and hoping she doesn't have anymore poor shooting games. Even if she does, boy does she help her team in so many other areas like really no other player does or can!!!

FYI, I'll be at the Dallas/Connecticut game tonight!!

VN Store

Back