Cancel Dr. Seuss

or maybe they just think it's stupid to cancel cartoons, product logos, tv shows, or children's books over literally nothing, that no one was offended by for the past 30 years or more, but because everyone is afraid of being labeled a "racist fascist nazi" on twitter and FB, they scurry around like idiots to get rid of normal things.
Yet they think it’s ok for trannies to play women’s sports and for grown men wearing dresses to go to the bathroom with little girls

You're lying. The 2016 Democratic candidate conceded the election after it was called by the news media. She did not declare that the election was stolen or sponsor a mass rally to incite sedition. There was no insurrection by a Democratic mob storming the Capitol when the Electoral College votes were being counted. Iirc, there was one vote against recognizing the Electoral votes, and the Democrats in both the House and Senate refused to give that lone voice any support whatsoever. Do you have no integrity at all, none? Have you shame?
You are easily the dumbest poster on VN and that’s an amazing feat. I normally don’t stoop to calling names but I make an exception for your idiocy because of how you attack people, oh, and because you post stupid things. I’m not even going to address your idiotic post because it isn’t worth the time or effort.

The facts are that Clinton conceded the morning after election day and Trump never did. I realize that you become easily confused by right wing media, but those facts are simple enough for anyone to understand. Morning after the election versus never. Morning after the election versus never. No rally versus a Trump Campaign financed "stop the steal" rally. Does that difference register with you? When Clinton lost, there was a peaceful transfer of power. When Trump lost, he refused to concede and incited a mob to violently attack the Capitol. I don't think you are too stupid to understand those differences. You do seem to lack the little integrity needed to admit them.
Stop being a dick and questioning the integrity of people you don’t know.

Curious George..... has this on been pulled yet? He was from the jungle and brought to the US in chains

In all honesty, I love Dr. Seuss. However, the books are used for more that learning to read. They have lessons in them that being ingrained in children. Most of his books and there were 60 of them teach positive lessons. If some of those lessons don't jibe with today's values then those particular books shouldn't be used for mass teaching. This is different than not teaching Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn because of the use of a certain word. One of the reasons those books are important is because they illustrate racial relations and interactions at a specific period in time.

In other words, I am not for censorship, but I am for making sure that the lessons we are teaching kids are positive ones.

In all honesty, I love Dr. Seuss. However, the books are used for more that learning to read. They have lessons in them that being ingrained in children. Most of his books and there were 60 of them teach positive lessons. If some of those lessons don't jibe with today's values then those particular books shouldn't be used for mass teaching. This is different than not teaching Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn because of the use of a certain word. One of the reasons those books are important is because they illustrate racial relations and interactions at a specific period in time.

In other words, I am not for censorship, but I am for making sure that the lessons we are teaching kids are positive ones.

Brainwash them early!

Then when they grow up and realize everyone actually doesn’t get a trophy in the real world.....

Really? How about basic skills. Kids can't even count change anymore without the register telling them how much to give back. We are raising a bunch of functional morons.

It's Dr. SEUSS. My God you are soft.

I was watching Field of Dreams last week and the scene where Amy Madigan is at the PTO meeting and they are discussing banning books was interesting to me. Back then it was always portrayed as the christian right wanting to ban books for indecencies and now we have done a 180 where it is the left banning books for their own perceived indecencies. The people wanting to ban books then were wrong just as they are now.

Reactions: Wireless1
I've ruminated on this a bit and come to the conclusion I can think nothing positive whatsoever about reducing the acceptance level of literature to some kind of rorschach test for the emotional lowest common denominator. With even a bit of extrapolation there's a whiff of the conceptual stages of "Newspeak" being fomented in some people's minds.

You're lying. The 2016 Democratic candidate conceded the election after it was called by the news media. She did not declare that the election was stolen or sponsor a mass rally to incite sedition. There was no insurrection by a Democratic mob storming the Capitol when the Electoral College votes were being counted. Iirc, there was one vote against recognizing the Electoral votes, and the Democrats in both the House and Senate refused to give that lone voice any support whatsoever. Do you have no integrity at all, none? Have you shame?
She went on tour promoting that she was robbed. Dolt.

Stop being a dick and questioning the integrity of people you don’t know.

That would be good advice, if there were some other excuse or reason for what we see coming from the right. Folks who want to know the truth do not shun good information with knee jerk negatve reactions to it or middle school personal insults. We are talking about people who supported a President who was known to be an habitual liar with the business reputation of a con man. I could go on, but the reality is that many attacks we see against Biden have little basis other than the desire to divert attention away from the truth about Trump. You might think of that as honesty. I do not.

VN Store

Back