Cancel Adidas!

Like I mentioned, it’s within the context of the table. The goal is to get points. A tie is disappointing for both teams usually, or slightly satisfying for a team that was expected to lose convincingly as they stole 2 points from a superior team. Adding the possibility of a tie only makes winning and getting the 3 points that much sweeter and more rewarding.

Almost 30% of Premier League games end in ties. The NHL has a similar points system and they have at least worked to get the amount of ties down to about 10%.

Possible but not regular and seldom used as a strategy.

Man you are reaching on this one.
Not really since most of major college football history accepted ties as a completely valid outcome

It’s an amazing sport. Never understood why it gets a feminine connotation other than as Americans we are ridiculously good at it, which is nothing to be ashamed about?
With all of the absurd faking of injuries I can't see how anyone can take it very serious.
football-dive.gif

Last edited:
With all of the absurd faking of injuries I can't see how anyone can take it very serious.
football-dive.gif

Those kind of antics pictured above are like 0.01% of the sport. Sure guys sell the foul, but they do that in other sports, too. People can get over that aspect because it's such a small aspect. Also, isn't that entertaining? He fkn flipped him in the ear. That's hilarious.

Everything is wrong with a tie, nobody should accept a tie. If you are good with a tie why in the hell did you even play the game?
If you’re fighting relegation and all you have to do is keep a dominant team from scoring on you in your final match you’ll take a 0-0 draw.

Monday- Stop cancel culture!

Thursday - Cancel Adidas!
I’m in favor of the cancellation culture.
Anything to get companies to stfu and just produce products.
Actors and athletes to stfu and keep their opinions to themselves. I don’t care what they think and I don’t want to waste the energy required to ignore their ********.

Reactions: LAVol1 and VolStrom
Oh I thought you were talking about the nba

Basketball at all levels. You cannot draw a charge without going to the ground. It's nearly impossible. Only a fraction of charges are actually enough force to knock somebody over but we got bodies on the floor everywhere.

Reactions: Wireless1
Those kind of antics pictured above are like 0.01% of the sport. Sure guys sell the foul, but they do that in other sports, too. People can get over that aspect because it's such a small aspect. Also, isn't that entertaining? He fkn flipped him in the ear. That's hilarious.

I never said anything about fouls. And no, I don't find horrible over-acting that stops play for minutes entertaining. This stuff is on the level of bad small time wrestling

I never said anything about fouls. And no, I don't find horrible over-acting that stops play for minutes entertaining. This stuff is on the level of bad small time wrestling

Right, I'm saying that's rare. You get a few bad acting jobs per game, and those don't usually take up much time.

Football literally stops play for 30 seconds after every play. Dudes in baseball are barely moving. Basketball has timeouts and free throws. Soccer is the sport with the least amount of time spent with the action stopped.

Almost 30% of Premier League games end in ties. The NHL has a similar points system and they have at least worked to get the amount of ties down to about 10%.

Goals in hockey are a bit more common in soccer, therefore the odds of teams ending in a tie are less.

Goals in hockey are a bit more common in soccer, therefore the odds of teams ending in a tie are less.

The NHL changed the rules to lessen the amount of ties, it's almost as if they understand the purpose of a contest. Maybe one day soccer will come around.

The problem is a tie is the most reasonable way to handle an impasse. Shootouts are kinda stupid and I don't like giving extra incentive to the worse team to play for a draw in regulation. Extra time is too physically demanding to play on the reg.

You could do something really funky, like just put a bunch of people in the 18-yard box and see how long it takes each side to score, but it's kinda got the same problem as PK's, and that's that it doesn't closely resemble the game enough.

Reactions: Persian Vol
So who are we supposed to boycott again for creating shoes that make soccer players collapse, New Balance?

The NHL changed the rules to lessen the amount of ties, it's almost as if they understand the purpose of a contest. Maybe one day soccer will come around.

Absolutely zero chance. It’s truly about perspective. If 2 teams fail to score more than the other then neither deserves the 3 points. Forcing them into a Penalty shootout might determine a winner but no one who watches soccer would agree penalty shootouts are a proper way to determine a winner unless absolutely necessary.

Absolutely zero chance. It’s truly about perspective. If 2 teams fail to score more than the other then neither deserves the 3 points. Forcing them into a Penalty shootout might determine a winner but no one who watches soccer would agree penalty shootouts are a proper way to determine a winner unless absolutely necessary.

Well soccer can remain in it's proper place as minor sport in this country.

As a 12 year old playing soccer against the Powell girls varisty team back in the 90's, to "help them get better", was always a blast. Literally. Usually after blasting 9+ goals into their net in 20 minutes they started to try and blast our nuts...not in a good way.

I'm sure it is, as long as nobody flicks your earlobe and causes a 20 minute medical calamity.

Not really a thing like people make it out to be. I personally find the constant fake injuries in football lately far more frustrating.

VN Store

Back