Cancel Adidas!

Everything is wrong with a tie, nobody should accept a tie. If you are good with a tie why in the hell did you even play the game?

A tie is not in a vacuum of just a tie. It’s in the greater picture of the competition. You get 1 point for a tie. 0 got a loss. And 3 for a win. A Team in 4th place trying to get a spot in the champions league who ties at home to a bottom table team is devastated, and for the other team trying to escape relegation it feels like a victory.

Sports are way more fun when you understand them thoroughly. I find baseball (besides Braves playoffs) boring but I also don't know what pitch is being thrown when I see it.

A tie is not in a vacuum of just a tie. It’s in the greater picture of the competition. You get 1 point for a tie. 0 got a loss. And 3 for a win. A Team in 4th place trying to get a spot in the champions league who ties at home to a bottom table team is devastated, and for the other team trying to escape relegation it feels like a victory.

If a tie feels like victory it's a problem with you.

Sports are way more fun when you understand them thoroughly. I find baseball boring but I also don't know what pitch is being thrown when I see it.

Tim Wakefield was fun to watch years ago (Knuckleball pitcher). Those pitches were wildly unpredictable.

Reactions: hog88
It’s all about context and perspective which you are too stubborn to take time to understand.

I won't ague that point. It's just in my DNA to expect a winner and a loser when you play a game, hence why I haven't played tic tac toe since I was in 1st grade.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It’s an amazing sport. Never understood why it gets a feminine connotation other than as Americans we are ridiculously good at it, which is nothing to be ashamed about?
Maybe because players are falling all over the field writhing in agony from minor bumps.......you know like Ole Miss Football players

I absolutely despised ties, and if you'll scroll up you would see that I said "routinely ends in ties". CFB prior to 1996 did not routinely end in ties.
But it was a very possible outcome. Ties were used as a strategy too

10/10, as a spectator I will take a 90-minute soccer draw over extra innings of baseball.

Winning and losing really isn't everything.

Tim Wakefield was fun to watch years ago (Knuckleball pitcher). Those pitches were wildly unpredictable.

Wakefield was great also because the games he pitched lasted two hours instead of three hours. No shaking off signals, here's the knuckler, see if you can hit it. Unfortunately, when the knuckle ball wasn't working it was like batting practice.

Reactions: hog88 and PEPPERJAX
Wakefield was great also because the games he pitched lasted two hours instead of three hours. No shaking off signals, here's the knuckler, see if you can hit it. Unfortunately, when the knuckle ball wasn't working it was like batting practice.

It is fascinating to see the baseball move slowly towards the batter with hardly any rotation. Buddy of mine on my youth baseball team years ago could throw knucklers. No one could hit them. His fastballs sucked though.

Reactions: Wireless1 and hog88

That's the problem with all knuckleballers, when it's working they're almost un-hitable. When it's not it gets ugly quick.

Reactions: TN Ribs
I won't ague that point. It's just in my DNA to expect a winner and a loser when you play a game, hence why I haven't played tic tac toe since I was in 1st grade.

Like I mentioned, it’s within the context of the table. The goal is to get points. A tie is disappointing for both teams usually, or slightly satisfying for a team that was expected to lose convincingly as they stole 2 points from a superior team. Adding the possibility of a tie only makes winning and getting the 3 points that much sweeter and more rewarding.

Like I mentioned, it’s within the context of the table. The goal is to get points. A tie is disappointing for both teams usually, or slightly satisfying for a team that was expected to lose convincingly as they stole 2 points from a superior team. Adding the possibility of a tie only makes winning and getting the 3 points that much sweeter and more rewarding.

Winning the table is the championship.

You have 3 starters out today and playing for a draw and a point is a win.

This is exciting for the fans that understand and care about the consequences.

Reactions: Persian Vol
It is fascinating to see the baseball move slowly towards the batter with hardly any rotation. Buddy of mine on my youth baseball team years ago could throw knucklers. No one could hit them. His fastballs sucked though.

Batters used to complain after facing Wakefield that it messed up their swing the next game.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

VN Store

Back